Due to the pandemic...

Hello Byc! I live in New York and as you probably know, I'm quarantined. and it just so happens I have baby chicks coming in a week! I have a heat lamp and bulb, and a brooder. I don't have chick feed or containers for them. I have no Tractor Supply around because they all shut down due to the corona Virus. Any suggestions? Also the only stores that are open are grocery stores. Thank you! And stay safe.
I don't have any other ideas for the feed issue than what others have recommended. As for the food/water containers I used the bottom of sour cream, cottage cheese etc... dishes. Maybe about half an inch high. Anything that is shallow with smooth edges will work. Not too deep for chicks! Make sure you have bedding options for the future too!

Hello Byc! I live in New York and as you probably know, I'm quarantined. and it just so happens I have baby chicks coming in a week! I have a heat lamp and bulb, and a brooder. I don't have chick feed or containers for them. I have no Tractor Supply around because they all shut down due to the corona Virus. Any suggestions? Also the only stores that are open are grocery stores. Thank you! And stay safe.

Do you have a Wilco near you or similar? (I don't know east coast chain feed stores) Check the larger chains, call them, many are doing curbside pickup (takeaway) similar to restaurants. You call the order in, with credit card, they have it ready at a prearranged time and you simply drive by and they dump it in the back of your vehicle. I'm doing a chicken feed run Monday just exactly this way.

Back in the day, when I would just happen to find a “chick that had no mom”, my parents would bring it inside and would feed it corn meal.

Order from Orange MA. They are open. It’s where we shop.

Back
Top Bottom