Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!!!

I would have worn "tennis" unless it was wet. I hate boots and only wear them when I must.

BUT a little horse poop does not bother me either....

I had on my insulated muck boots at the time. I find them to be very comfortable and easy to slip on. Only complaint I have with them is that sometimes they kinda cause a bald spots on my legs from where my jeans in the boots rub against my legs.
lols poo is poo and shoes are washable its not like they stepped in it barefoot
lau.gif
True, I just found it so amusing to me that they would so try to avoid stepping in some pretty dry horse manure. Heck, during the winter when it gets really bad, we must might skip doing stalls for a day or two and then use that manure as ice melt around the barnyard. A big dose of urine soaked sawdust tends to be a bit black, and between the sun hitting it, the salt in the urine, and the sawdust for traction, it works pretty darn well.

About the funniest thing that I have been told by non-chicken people about keeping chickens is that it is cheaper than buying eggs from the store.

lau.gif

About the funniest thing that I have been told by non-chicken people about keeping chickens is that it is cheaper than buying eggs from the store.

lau.gif

it is for us at least. We use about 2 dozen eggs a week and the brand we bought at the store ran about $6 a dozen so in a year we would use about $576 ish worth of eggs I buy two bags of feed every two months which runs me about $12 a bag $16 in the summer. In a year chickens cost us about $144-$220 ish (because when a chicken gets hurt they go to meet Jesus
roll.png
) true the coop cost about $300 to put together with all the wire and wood etc but that is a one time thing and I can get about 3 good laying years out of each hen and they can take care of the replenishment of the flock on their own so all in all its a good gig if you can get it.
pop.gif

Actually, when my chickens were a hundred percent free-range, they almost never ate from their feeders and were very healthy. I had multiple coops that we maintained but they actually preferred the trees around them. Go figure. So in a short time, our eggs really did cost us almost nothing except during the winter. So it depends on if you have the land with nutritious enough natural fodder for them to eat.

Actually, when my chickens were a hundred percent free-range, they almost never ate from their feeders and were very healthy. I had multiple coops that we maintained but they actually preferred the trees around them. Go figure. So in a short time, our eggs really did cost us almost nothing except during the winter. So it depends on if you have the land with nutritious enough natural fodder for them to eat.

lols nope I ain't got no land
clap.gif
I wish though my grams had a good stretch but all I got is a big back yard
hmm.png

My Hamburgs eat a bit of feed in the morning and then go out to free range all day. They eat a bit of feed in the evening when I put them back in their run, and then they go to bed. Even in the winter, they find enough to sustain them all through the day when they are out and about. Small cost to feed them. The 27 pullets I have in another coop cost way more to feed right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom