Durvet vitamins and probiotics is poison

Hanika

In the Brooder
Jul 17, 2018
Navajo Dam, NM
I bought this because it was the only available product to give to my new chicks, within about an hour they were acting dopy, putting their heads down, then they would flop around violently and then quit breathing. This product has killed most of my chicks within an hour. Why would this product be on the shelves?...Why? Why do I have to sit here an watch my entire flock die because of this product.
(sad to watch)
Dead.jpg

The chicks and ducklings were all healthy and strong. The RI reds and ducklings were purchased a few days ago, the rest we have raised from our own flocks eggs. Our ducklings were in our bathtub (no water) as a brooder. The video shows the brooders for the chicks about 18" x 36" totes that we use every year. The dosage was followed by the instructions... 1 packet to 1 gallon of water. The ducklings received a small 1\2 cup ramakin of the mixture and the chicks had quail water feeders with the mixture. We thought this would be a safe product, we were wrong. We are in the process of contacting the manufacturer and the distributor. Total of 14 chicks and 4 ducklings lost in less than one hour. Keeping a close eye on the few remaining.

It was about 99 degrees f. In the brooders and tub. Their excrement was normal. The ducklings and chicks were never before in the same room and this happened very fast. We noticed the ducklings first, then realized the only thing new was the water mixture and we quickly went to the chick brooders to check on them since we had just filled the waterers. They were getting sick too.

Back
Top Bottom