Dandelion_Farmer

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2021
I hatched a dozen chicks and I got quite a few non-frizzle pullets. They'll still have colorful eggs though, and their genetics include Ameraucana (black and white splash + blue eggs) and Black Copper Maran with deep chocolate and maroon eggs. They're from local breeder Open Gate Farm's large fowl frizzle hatching eggs, but I got quite a few smooth feathered pullets.

Pullets $20:
  • 2 white with black speckles
  • 1 grey, brown head, feathered feet
  • 1 black, white patches on wings (hatched from olive "chocolate chip" egg)
  • 1 jet black body, legs and face, with a teal/purple sheen
I also have 4 frizzle cockerels to rehome (free). I think the speckled ones especially could be a great flock foundation if you'd like to have beautiful frizzle easter eggers.

Egg Color Example (credit and link: Open Gate Farm)
Easter Egger Eggs.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg
IMG_0506.jpg
IMG_0480.jpg
IMG_0472.jpg
IMG_0474.jpg

I hatched a dozen chicks and I got quite a few non-frizzle pullets. They'll still have colorful eggs though, and their genetics include Ameraucana (black and white splash + blue eggs) and Black Copper Maran with deep chocolate and maroon eggs. They're from local breeder Open Gate Farm's large fowl frizzle hatching eggs, but I got quite a few smooth feathered pullets.

Pullets $20:
  • 2 white with black speckles
  • 1 grey, brown head, feathered feet
  • 1 black, white patches on wings (hatched from olive "chocolate chip" egg)
  • 1 jet black body, legs and face, with a teal/purple sheen
I also have 4 frizzle cockerels to rehome (free). I think the speckled ones especially could be a great flock foundation if you'd like to have beautiful frizzle easter eggers.

Egg Color Example (credit and link: Open Gate Farm)
View attachment 2628439

View attachment 2628478 View attachment 2628482 View attachment 2628484 View attachment 2628485 View attachment 2628486
Beautiful eggs!!!!

Back
Top Bottom