Easy incubator idea?

questions543

Songster
7 Years
Mar 21, 2012
So I am looking at super easy incubator plans and I was wondering that if I kept the humidity up if it would be possible to just keep a heat lamp over a couple eggs inside a container and rotate them 3 times a day? I already tested to find the right heat and I can easily keep it at a constant 98.5 degrees

Thoughts?

Hey, my eggs seem to be doing fine in a styrofoam cooler with a halogen light. I'm about half-way through hatching, and I only have a few clear eggs. Quite a few show movement. I turn them three times a day, and when the humidity gets low, I spray a little water on the inside walls of the incubator. I just have to make sure that the light isn't touching the styrofoam and that its not shining directly down on the eggs. I think there is a very good possibility that your idea would turn out great! Just remember that humidity should be around 40-50% until day 18 when you make it almost tropical. If you have any other questions, you could probably find the answers in the forums on this website!
Best of luck to you!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom