EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Here now:
Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 12.23.39 PM.png

Who moi??? What's remorse?

I was just pointing the finger in the right direction, you were correct pointing west, just aimed a tad too far north....

I actually heard this heat spell is called "The Fake Eileen Heatwave" at the National weather service.
Well I am pretty hot. . sorry guys Lol

:( But sometimes things die.

Sometimes??? :oops: ...um... I hate to be the one to break this to you & DD , buuuuuut....

All kidding aside, I'm sorry & I feel her pain. All of our losses here have been tragic, even the girls I didn't even think I liked were devastating. :hit

View attachment 1115959
Removing more shingles, and then we can get the whole thing into a pile and burn it... Then a ton of raking and nail pick up and we can put them boards in my yard to good use.

Ugh! That looks like a major endeavor.

I imagine you have a wonderful way of listening, and actually hearing them.:) You must also be very comfortable with yourself and in turn they feel comfortable with you. :hugs
I also think some people just don't have anyone to talk to, or any support system. In this day and age with everyone hooked up to the internet...we've lost real human interaction? Maybe I'm getting too philosophical. :oops:

I don't know. Its always been like that, even pre-internet. I've never considered myself comfortable with myself, except when defending my domain against flagrant trespassers. I think I'm just a magnate for crazy people.

OR.. we are just so private and insecure we find it easier to listen to a stranger and nod then reveal much about ourselves....
I took a psychology class or two in college so I am like a shrink almost...

Yep. That's a much more accurate description.

You develop strategies to deal with it.

Like what? Part of me really wants to move to Arizona, but I don't think I could deal with the heat or being landlocked like that. I've been stalking all the AZ threads to see how people deal with the dust storms, monsoons, & even stuff like basic gardening. I'm kind of a whimp. I cant take it too cold or too hot.

Can you imagine a place where it's decent temperatures, like spring/fall and be like that all year long. With no pesky bugs like mosquitoes. That'd be fantastic!! :celebrate

:thumbsupIf you find it, let me know!

Hi Everybody! Hope all is well. Hope Dax is enjoying her trip, sorry to hear about Heather's dad's leg, anytime any of you germophobes want to test me out please pm me for my address and send yummy baked goods, making me miss work with all the needles talk-I was really good with them, Kaj yay on baby, Ralphie-I need Yoki therapy, banty-I miss Messy, Whites and Penn hope both of you are feeling ok and taking it easy, Mike love your dogs and glad MC is glassless in her foot.

Comp is still making life miserable for me trying to get treatment. I am no longer driving because of my hands and meds and they wont pay for transportation to OT. Bill is doing his best to get me to all the Dr apts and I do exercises at home to maintain what I have. Bone scan looked pretty good so happy about that. 2 failed nerve blocks so now looking at a spinal cord stimulator for pain.

Chickens are good. Sausage-my champion died :hit Show coming up so hope I can make a few. Bill, 4h kids and my breeders are helping me. I swear I would go nuts (well more nuts) if it weren't for my birds :love Been trying to behave myself and trying to stay upbeat and optimistic... But I did get kicked off a RSD support group because apparently it's just a place for everybody to cry about how much pain they are in and complain about Dr's being more cautious about narcotics! I guess they did not appreciate my wit and sense of humor regarding my introduction :oops: Changing my profile pic to my new identity ;):p:lau

Will try to check in more often. just typing in near impossible with my hands :th

Miss you all :hugs
Mel

Sometimes??? :oops: ...um... I hate to be the one to break this to you & DD , buuuuuut....

All kidding aside, I'm sorry & I feel her pain. All of our losses here have been tragic, even the girls I didn't even think I liked were devastating. :hit

I don't know. Its always been like that, even pre-internet. I've never considered myself comfortable with myself, except when defending my domain against flagrant trespassers. I think I'm just a magnate for crazy people.

Like what? Part of me really wants to move to Arizona, but I don't think I could deal with the heat or being landlocked like that. I've been stalking all the AZ threads to see how people deal with the dust storms, monsoons, & even stuff like basic gardening. I'm kind of a whimp. I cant take it too cold or too hot.

You change your working hours, change yor clothes, use AC, ventilator, shade ect....

You tell them, you live further away from them than I do...I am afraid they would come up here and hold a pillow over my face.
That's the best part.

I imagine you have a wonderful way of listening, and actually hearing them.:) You must also be very comfortable with yourself and in turn they feel comfortable with you. :hugs

I also think some people just don't have anyone to talk to, or any support system. In this day and age with everyone hooked up to the internet...we've lost real human interaction? Maybe I'm getting too philosophical. :oops:
I don't know about you, but I was just as antisocial before I caved into the internet/computer thing.

I think there a lot of hot air...too much! We're way too warm here.....View attachment 1116023
Ditto, I can't wait for winter.

I have to tell you, I would be a puddle on the floor begging for water and to be put out of my misery at those temps. It is 76 f here now and I an dying of heat stroke.
I knew you were at least partially sane. :thumbsup

I really don't understand how all you hot weather dwellers survive. Even my brother who is in North Carolina seems to flourish in the heat.. When he was here a couple weeks ago it was 80f plus and he was whining about the cold.
I have a relative in NC too. She's just as nutty.

Oooh...do come visit when it's -40s actual. :wee

And then it's -1000 windchill with the wind...:lau
The wind is the worst!! But even the -1000 windchill is much better than the 26° weather that comes in summer.

:clap You're starting to recover from Fahrenheitis, eh?

Well I am pretty hot. . sorry guys Lol
:lau

It is. Recruiting more hands helps speed it, though.

banty-I miss Messy,
Don't we all. I still forget some days she's not down there waiting for me.

So sorry about your continued troubles... :hugs :hugs

Last edited:

If I find it I will let you know. I'm hoping it's cloudy all the time...most aren't good with that.:confused:

Hi Everybody! Hope all is well. Hope Dax is enjoying her trip, sorry to hear about Heather's dad's leg, anytime any of you germophobes want to test me out please pm me for my address and send yummy baked goods, making me miss work with all the needles talk-I was really good with them, Kaj yay on baby, Ralphie-I need Yoki therapy, banty-I miss Messy, Whites and Penn hope both of you are feeling ok and taking it easy, Mike love your dogs and glad MC is glassless in her foot.

Comp is still making life miserable for me trying to get treatment. I am no longer driving because of my hands and meds and they wont pay for transportation to OT. Bill is doing his best to get me to all the Dr apts and I do exercises at home to maintain what I have. Bone scan looked pretty good so happy about that. 2 failed nerve blocks so now looking at a spinal cord stimulator for pain.

Chickens are good. Sausage-my champion died :hit Show coming up so hope I can make a few. Bill, 4h kids and my breeders are helping me. I swear I would go nuts (well more nuts) if it weren't for my birds :love Been trying to behave myself and trying to stay upbeat and optimistic... But I did get kicked off a RSD support group because apparently it's just a place for everybody to cry about how much pain they are in and complain about Dr's being more cautious about narcotics! I guess they did not appreciate my wit and sense of humor regarding my introduction :oops: Changing my profile pic to my new identity ;):p:lau

Will try to check in more often. just typing in near impossible with my hands :th

Miss you all :hugs
Mel
I like the new profile pic! Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, right?
And they didn't get your sense of humor? :thHumor is what make the world go round. Sorry to hear about Sausage. :hugs Your whole comp situation is whack. Some people there SHOULD be whacked! :duc I'll just keep it to this lest I say something unsavory:hugs.

Back
Top Bottom