EE boys? Ameraucana /Araucana crosses

LiAuEv

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 17, 2012
These are 4 black Ameraucana /Araucana crosses hatched from Ebay eggs & I need to be sure they are boys before I rehome them. They were hatched 3-28 and are 5 weeks old. The brown ones are Araucana bantams and were hatched 3-23 and are 5 1/2 weeks old. Thanks for any input!

Anyone? They all have a pinkish to red tint to the comb, some more pink & some more red. For the black ones, I do not have any that look like females to compare them to. Of the brown ones I have one female that is a light yellowish in feather color all over & I believe it to be female because the comb is yellow and it has a single row of beads. I think these are all boys but I want to be sure before rehoming them, as I know pea combs can sometimes be tricky to sex. So any opinions are appreciated!

The bird on the right in the second picture is male. I can't see enough of the left bird's body to make a guess, but I don't see anything male about that one from what's showing.

Here's some more pics, outdoors if it helps at all, with more body. The black ones nobody can probably tell, but maybe the brown ones. They are all too flighty to get a good body shot. Thanks to all for input!

Here's is a good mystery for a breed. I cannot remember which egg this particular bird hatched out of, but I know he is definately a rooster because he crows. He came from a batch of eggs consisting of blues and dark chocolate Marans eggs. Maybe he is an Olive Egger? Or an Ameraucana cross? I do not think he can be pure because of the copper color on the wings, and no muff. His comb is completely flat- no bumps. He has a very thin sleek build. Slate colored legs. He is 4 months old. I routinely rehome roosters that we do not need but may keep this one because I find his looks very unique, he is friendly, and also reminds me of a wild junglefowl or something. He is not your typical heavy set chicken. Anyone have any ideas what breed(s) he might be?

Here's is a good mystery for a breed. I cannot remember which egg this particular bird hatched out of, but I know he is definately a rooster because he crows. He came from a batch of eggs consisting of blues and dark chocolate Marans eggs. Maybe he is an Olive Egger? Or an Ameraucana cross? I do not think he can be pure because of the copper color on the wings, and no muff. His comb is completely flat- no bumps. He has a very thin sleek build. Slate colored legs. He is 4 months old. I routinely rehome roosters that we do not need but may keep this one because I find his looks very unique, he is friendly, and also reminds me of a wild junglefowl or something. He is not your typical heavy set chicken. Anyone have any ideas what breed(s) he might be?
possible bcm mix

Back
Top Bottom