EE color ID

Stormhorse23

Songster
12 Years
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
My lovely horse decided to pick up my camera and absolutely crush it, so I found some identical pictures on google of what my new trio of pullets currently look like
lol.png
. Anyone know what color they will turn out to be? I'm already looking for a roo for them. Shhhh!
tongue.png

http://urbanchickens.org/files/images/chickies_002.jpg
^^ Two like the one nearest to the camera

The 3rd looks almost the same, but the light parts are bright yellow and the wing feathers are coming in much light, but still maintaining the dark markings in them. What would these colors be called and does anyone have pictures of an adult?

From my experience, you really can't tell for sure what color your EEs are going to be based on what they look like when that young. Sometimes you can get an idea what their coloring may be between 5-8 weeks of age (some EEs, not all). I have two that looked very different from each other until they were about 15 weeks old - now they look like twins.

Cleopatra & Pippin are the ones I'm referring to on this page:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=19548-from-chicks-to-pullets-to-hens

These next two pics are of Pippin & Cleopatra (baby & more juvenile pics can be seen by clicking on the above link).
This pic shows the difference in their coloring from each other at 7-8 weeks of age.
19548_chickens_008.jpg

Here they look a lot alike - I haven't taken a picture recently, but now I can hardly tell them apart.
chickenseggs005.jpg

I believe these two are going to look like Pippin & Cleopatra also (not sure what you'd call their color).

At about 2 weeks old (one had a lot more white on her feathers, but doesn't anymore)
19548_28-05-09_1208.jpg

19548_28-05-09_1206.jpg

Same two at 15 weeks old:
newBRs-EEs052.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I am thinking I will end up with 2 like Pippin and Cleo and the light one could be buff or black/white.

Back
Top Bottom