egg help!

Morgan231

Chirping
Apr 5, 2023
Ive got 2 eggs when I last candled them they egg was fully filled with the chick from what I seem, I have been candling before this and there have been loads of veins and movement. I'm unsure on what day I am in the incubation process as the mother hen is doing that and it was a surprise :) I believe I'm on day 21 maybe. Should the egg hatch today? if it doesn't how long should I wait, and what would the next steps be :) and can the egg hatch anytime during the day or is it more likely to hatch in morning or night.. x 🐥

Ive got 2 eggs when I last candled them they egg was fully filled with the chick from what I seem, I have been candling before this and there have been loads of veins and movement. I'm unsure on what day I am in the incubation process as the mother hen is doing that and it was a surprise :) I believe I'm on day 21 maybe. Should the egg hatch today? if it doesn't how long should I wait, and what would the next steps be :) and can the egg hatch anytime during the day or is it more likely to hatch in morning or night.. x 🐥
Alright so since you assume its day 21 make sure you upped the humidity required for whatever breed it is since you are in lockdown. Make sure you took out the egg turner. It could hatch today but it could hatch anywhere from today to day 24. It can hatch at any time at least in my experience.

Alright so since you assume its day 21 make sure you upped the humidity required for whatever breed it is since you are in lockdown. Make sure you took out the egg turner. It could hatch today but it could hatch anywhere from today to day 24. It can hatch at any time at least in my experience.
hi thank you! I didn't make it very clear but my hen is with the egg she has been with her for the full incubation and still remain sitting on her. is there anything I need to do there?

hi thank you! I didn't make it very clear but my hen is with the egg she has been with her for the full incubation and still remain sitting on her. is there anything I need to do there?
or will she sort it out. and do I need to separate her and eggs from the others incase hatches at night time.

If she's still sitting on them, then just leave her alone. If the eggs are near hatch, she will know that, she can even hear them in the shell when they are hatching. Usually near hatch the hen refuses to move at all, she knows she needs to be there. Sometimes eggs hatch as early as day 19 or 20, or can go as long as day 23. If the eggs don't hatch for some reason, she will eventually leave them. If she's sitting, I would just let her be, if she gets upset it might mess things up. Most of them the vast majority of the time do a better job than incubators. I know it's hard to wait, but she will do the best job.

If she's still sitting on them, then just leave her alone. If the eggs are near hatch, she will know that, she can even hear them in the shell when they are hatching. Usually near hatch the hen refuses to move at all, she knows she needs to be there. Sometimes eggs hatch as early as day 19 or 20, or can go as long as day 23. If the eggs don't hatch for some reason, she will eventually leave them. If she's sitting, I would just let her be, if she gets upset it might mess things up. Most of them the vast majority of the time do a better job than incubators. I know it's hard to wait, but she will do the best job.
sadly she's left this egg, however I've bought an incubator and my little bantams are laying fertile eggs so hopefully ill have some chicks soon :)

Back
Top Bottom