Egg sizes!

BYCforlife

Crossing the Road
7 Years
Mar 18, 2017
Canada
I have recently been having problems with selling eggs. I get such huge eggs that the smaller ones seem like mini eggs. My dearest mother told me I'm not charging enough, so to prove I was, I looked up egg weights.

:eek:

So.... most of the "Mini eggs" were large, and the smalls were extra large.
Thanks, mom. :lau

Here's a list of egg weights:

Small: 1.5 Oz.
Medum: 1.75 Oz.
Large: 2 Oz.
Extra large: 2.25 Oz.
Jumbo: 2.5 Oz.
Extra Jumbo: 2.75 oz. (Doesn't really exist)
My eggs: 3.0 Oz. :D

I am getting about five or so 3 ounce eggs a day! That's literally Huge!
I should have guessed when the cartons creaked when I tried to close them. :rolleyes:

My three breeds of chickens are Barred Plymouth Rocks, Buff Orpingtons and Columbian Rocks.
Who do you think lays those huge ones?

I have recently been having problems with selling eggs. I get such huge eggs that the smaller ones seem like mini eggs. My dearest mother told me I'm not charging enough, so to prove I was, I looked up egg weights.

I should have guessed when the cartons creaked when I tried to close them. :rolleyes:

My three breeds of chickens are Barred Plymouth Rocks, Buff Orpingtons and Columbian Rocks.
Probably the Orps. I don't know though.

A while back,we had some pullets, and they started laying. After a while, they started laying these huge eggs! I mean, some of them were triple Yolkers!

Probably the Orps. I don't know though.

A while back,we had some pullets, and they started laying. After a while, they started laying these huge eggs! I mean, some of them were triple Yolkers!
Good to know!

That's really cool! I've gotten one triple yolker, I may have gotten more but that's up to my customers to tell me. :)

Buff orps are known to lay double and triple yolkers...mine use to lay eggs that looked like they came from a goose! I felt so sorry for those ladies every time I pulled an egg from the best box
I know! The funny thing is, I get these perfectly clean huge eggs, then I get the tiniest first little eggs from my silkies and they have blood streaks on them. Poor babies. :hit

I think size is different for every chicken. I have a 14 month Buff Orpington Hen that lays her eggs bantam sized. I also saw one bantam sized egg in the cage of the biggest Buff Orpington I've ever seen.

And then I look at my Barred Rocks, and they lay the longest, widest, weirdest eggs I've ever seen.
But that's my opinion and my experiences. :idunno

Barred Rock

Back
Top Bottom