Egg Swap, New Shipper Wanting to Test Packaging!

Pics
With all the shipped eggs I've purchased and incubated, individually bubble wrapped eggs have done the best by far. I'm also going to experiment with lining the box with bubble wrap to give added protection, and fill any 'loose' space with a filler like newspaper or packing peanuts. That way the eggs don't roll around the inside. One box I received had the box lined with air pillows, but by the the time the box made it to me they had deflated. The eggs were only wrapped in newspaper, and they were pulverized! Double boxing is amazing, but I think people would prefer the lower shipping cost of the single boxed since it can be a smaller size. I'll see how my first few boxes fair and decide if I want to stick with that. I'm going with priority mail flat rate boxes for now unless I find an easier way, but they've been pretty convenient so far.

There was a really good thread somewhere on here about egg packaging, and it was excellent! Wish I knew what it was called.
Jhave you read sally sunshine article on how to ship eggs? I will try to find the link.

Back
Top Bottom