Egg withdrawals ? With Zyfend A, worm med?

The Blue Egg Gal

In the Brooder
Aug 5, 2017
Is their an egg withdrawal with use of Zyfend A?
Not sure if hen has a worm infestation, no visable sings in poop, just frequent diarrah. Wanting to use as a preventive measure.

Can you collect some fresh poop and have a local vet test it?
A "dog" can do it and it's fairly cheap.

Most wormers are a 2 week withdrawal.

Is their an egg withdrawal with use of Zyfend A?
Not sure if hen has a worm infestation, no visable sings in poop, just frequent diarrah. Wanting to use as a preventive measure.
Welcome to BYC! The mfg claim zero egg withdrawal, but keep in mind that it is *not* a de-wormer, it's just a supplement.

A quick skim here:
http://www.pbsanimalhealth.com/details/Zyfend-A/138-45.html
Leads me to believe there is not withdrawal.

But's it part of a 3 step 'Chicken health' system:
http://www.pbsanimalhealth.com/details/Backyard-Chicken-Health-Pack/138-30.html

Sounds like snake oil to me.

Just catching up on several posts and felt it was important to respond to the comment "Sounds like snake oil to me" above.

Our company has been using the ingredients and formulas that are built into our Backyard Chicken® Health Pack to help support the health and productivity of millions of layers, pullets with our large customers. And most importantly, in their organic and natural certified flocks.

Zyfend® A was developed for them and with them due to internal parasite issues they had in their organic flocks because they had no solution that their organic certifier would let them use that was effective (tried DE but had more health/productivity issues).

They tested it for over 9 months and have been using it successfully for over 5 years now.

I would be more than happy to speak with you personally to answer your questions about our products and discuss how we are making available to all backyard poultry raisers the same all-natural technologies that are helping deliver optimal digestive health and promote healthy immune systems for our large customers.

Don't hesitate to contact me at 717-951-8520 and ask for David.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Back
Top Bottom