eggs store pls help

honorkt

Chirping
Mar 21, 2022
hello /wave

I worry about my eggs.. i collecting em daily and store em in Kitchen for 3 to 4 days before place them in incubator, the room temp. around 71F most of year ... HM. 45-55%.

I read eggs should storing at Temp. 60F,

so is that 72-70F temp will effect eggs?

They will be perfectly fine :D
We keep ours in the house at 68-72 F for 2-3 weeks before setting them and I have very good hatches.
Just make sure to turn them, a minimum of once a day, and be careful that they all have access to oxygen (no sealed containers). That's it!

The most important factor in hatching success is a good quality incubator.

They will be perfectly fine :D
We keep ours in the house at 68-72 F for 2-3 weeks before setting them and I have very good hatches.
Just make sure to turn them, a minimum of once a day, and be careful that they all have access to oxygen (no sealed containers). That's it!

The most important factor in hatching success is a good quality incubator.
indeed incubator playing big factor. I have Rcom incubator my hatching rate around 80% for marans mostly,.,, before i had unbrand one.. my rate around 50%

The closer you are to ideal storage conditions the longer the eggs will remain viable. The commercial chicken industry has spent a lot of money determining what are ideal conditions for them to store hatching eggs so those are the guidelines we often quote. Some of those hatcheries hatch 1,000,000 chicks each week so just a small difference in hatch rate would be noticeable. The exact recommended conditions will vary a bit depending in which study you read but those ideal conditions are around 55 to 60 degrees F and around 80% humidity. Turning helps. Try to keep the temperature steady, don't cycle up and down. Avoid breezes hitting them. In these conditions they can store the eggs for 2 weeks and not have any drop off in hatchability. Since they are going to be very safe that means they could go longer and still get good hatches if they store them in those conditions.

Most of us do not have that close to ideal conditions and can still get good hatches after storing them for a week, sometimes longer. A hen can lay a brood of eggs for two weeks in a hidden nest before she starts incubating them and still get practically all of them to hatch. You storing them for 4 days in 71 F conditions should not be any problem at all.

Back
Top Bottom