EMU's Hatching ???????????

Camaro

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 14, 2013
My first laid Emu egg's should be hatching.... I'm on day 53, not sure whether to crack one open or not to see if there is a chick in there.. I'm incubating in a GQF incubator, at 97.7* and having issues with humidity,, I am between 35-47%, not really sure. They don't move, they don't cheap, they are warm at one end and cool at the other... I have 22 in the incubator, and my male is sitting on 9 right now... Any info would help.. Email me at [email protected]....

Noooooooo, don't crack one open. There are ways to find out if a chick is in there. Do a search and you'll find out. You can tap on the egg, look for wiggling, check to see if it cools when left out, do a float test. There are better ways than cracking one open, unless of course it is weeping or stinking. Good luck with your hatch.

nope..

the shells are a very dark emerald green.. plus they are three layers thick (white, aqua and emerald)

I don't know if you can see all three colors in this pic or not

Oh yes...
Can't you hollow out the eggs by putting holes in both ends and blowing? I've seen hollowed eggs at the markets before..

Back
Top Bottom