Fabirc holic

Guitartists is so right!
lau.gif
I love fabric too and sound like some of the others on here! I dabble in everything from art quilts, painting and gardening to everything between. I refer to myself as a spaz but people keep telling me I'm creative and just have so many ideas in my head - I like that explanation better.

While I don't have a very big 'stash' of fabric, I certainly have more projects and quilts planned than I will EVER get started, much less finished.

But it's so much fun to plan!! And the fabric these days is artwork in and of itself!!!
Phyllis

I am a complete fabric-aholic. I have a sewing business, which has slowed down due to my busy school schedule. I still buy so much fabric! Worst thing is that I get it wholesale, and at that price I can't pass it up! Even worse than that, I'm starting a Fridays only job at a fabric store next month-I'm in trouble!

I passed over this thread - but just had to come back to it. I couldn't resist. It is nice to know you are not alone. It somehow makes your addiction seem not quite so bad. Besides, you never know when someone might have a great piece of fabric looking for a good home!

Fabricaholic here! When I was twelve my mother told my sister to teach me to sew. In colllege I worked at a vintage clothing store and loved the fabrics. Later worked in the garment industry in NYC. Companies get LOADS of sample fabrics (usually a 4-5 yard piece), trims, buttons, pleating, laces etc. They get way more than they actually use. Most companies let employees take stuff home. DH still works in that field and MIL used to. Our garage is full of fabric. Boxes of buttons and trims and more fabric in basement. Hardly ever sew anymore except to make curtains and Halloween costumes but cannot let go of fave fabrics.

My name is Em and I am a fabric-a-holic.

I don't have time to sew much now, with the kids taking so much time, but *eventually* I'll get time again, and I MUST be ready when that time comes.

My daughter only has half a closet, the other half is my fabric stash. It's fine now, since she's 5, but someday, she's going to want that closet space.
lol.png

Oh - and the little quilt shop with the ridiculously over-priced fabric is going out of business - no wonder - they want $19.99 a YARD for their Bali prints.
roll.png
But now EVERYTHING in their shop is 75% off. I'm sure my husband wouldn't mind, I mean it is on sale, right?
wink.png

tongue.png

Em

Back
Top Bottom