Facebook taxes

False.
Gosh, people will believe anything.
gig.gif

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-facebook-tax-refund-0130217,0,3447015.story

The Silicon Valley company paid some "income and other employment taxes," according to its 2012 annual earnings report. Facebook said it paid $2.86 billion to "the appropriate tax authorities.”
Facebook declined to comment on the advocacy group's report."

Imp

False.
Gosh, people will believe anything.
gig.gif

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-facebook-tax-refund-0130217,0,3447015.story

Quote:

Well the experts that make their living reading and understanding “10-K” annual financial reports say that Facebook report says they will pay no federal or state income taxes and receive $429 million in tax refunds.
But Facebook says they payed $2.86 billion to "the appropriate tax authorities.” Now you have to ask yourself what do they mean by "the appropriate tax authorities.” Well companies pay a lot of different taxes. A company pays all the taxes it withholds from you and Social Security taxes and to many others to list. But what Facebook didn't say was they payed "X" amount to the IRS for our income taxes.

So you can chose who to believe, but the experts say their 10-K report says one thing and Facebook may be saying the same thing in their statement.

Speaking of taxes I was reading how in Cyprus the government will be taxing people's banks deposits.They have to raise money so that they get more money from an EU bailout. Can you imagine having your personal checking and savings accounts taxed over 6%?

They say it is a one time tax. You bet it is because people will not be putting their money back into the bank. The government closed banks and hmmm the ATMs do not work so people can not pull their money before the taxation starts.

If the government gets away with this in Cyprus it is just a matter of time before other countries do it. I just do not see how the government can get away with taxing your personal money.They already taxed the pay check!

As for Facebook I am not suprised.I think there was an article about General Electric avoiding taxes as well. The American way-the rich get richer,and the poor pay more taxes..Oligarchy.

Speaking of taxes I was reading how in Cyprus the government will be taxing people's banks deposits.They have to raise money so that they get more money from an EU bailout. Can you imagine having your personal checking and savings accounts taxed over 6%?

They say it is a one time tax. You bet it is because people will not be putting their money back into the bank. The government closed banks and hmmm the ATMs do not work so people can not pull their money before the taxation starts.

If the government gets away with this in Cyprus it is just a matter of time before other countries do it. I just do not see how the government can get away with taxing your personal money.They already taxed the pay check!

As for Facebook I am not suprised.I think there was an article about General Electric avoiding taxes as well. The American way-the rich get richer,and the poor pay more taxes..Oligarchy.

The Cyprus tax wont happen. You have the realize that Russians have a lot of money in Cyprus banks, so they floated this tax as a way to get Russia to help them. But the Russians don't want to help them too much because they don't want Cyprus to be able to afford to develop the natural gas fields there. Russia likes supplying most of the natural gas to Europe.

Back
Top Bottom