Fairy Tail Farms English Orpingtons

Pics
Life is hard on the Pony Express.
art post GIF

You're putting them in an unproven incubator? lol

Let them rest for the prescribed time; @Kiki is the expert on that. That'll give the incubator time to warm up and get an even temp and humidity.
No, it's worked great every hatch besides the transfer from the Chinabator. I just haven't used it this year yet since I really wasn't supposed to hatch anything

You're putting them in an unproven incubator? lol

Let them rest for the prescribed time; @Kiki is the expert on that. That'll give the incubator time to warm up and get an even temp and humidity.
That's a dumb thing to do...use an untrusted Bator. Everyone who's been on BYC for any amount of time should know better.

I'm not sure what you're talking about but I don't let eggs rest. The quicker they go in the incubator the better as far as I'm concerned.

I trust my nature right with eggs, I just like to have a control with shipped ones so that if only mine hatch or develop, I know it was shipping damage and not be worrying my incubator is acting up.
That's a good idea!

Isn't it recommended to let shipped eggs rest to give the eggs a chance to stabilize the aircells?
I have read yes let them rest, and there is no need...I know with these last 2 orders of shipped eggs (14 total) I put them straight into the incubator (NR 360) and did everything like normal. Today is day 19, I have 12 eggs in lockdown (1 was infertile, 1 quitter). That's all I can offer you

I have read yes let them rest, and there is no need...I know with these last 2 orders of shipped eggs (14 total) I put them straight into the incubator (NR 360) and did everything like normal. Today is day 19, I have 12 eggs in lockdown (1 was infertile, 1 quitter). That's all I can offer you
Hmm, okay. I might do that then. Incubator will probably still have to warm up a bit more since I have to move it to the final spot today when I get home. Hoping the eggs didn't just get sent back to Colt this morning 😅

I will when I actually have a break and the kids are in their classrooms.
I will lose my shit. Go to the bathroom and call them.
I was mainly joking though. A super quick search says that it just means it didn't fit in the box or for one reason or another has to be taken back to the office and picked up from there, and that I have like 15 days to get it before its sent back

Back
Top Bottom