Fall Mating?

wildpeas

Songster
7 Years
Mar 18, 2012
Port Orchard, Wa
This morning my two female(?) geese displayed mating behavior in their pool. I thought they would only do this in the spring. Does this mean they will start laying eggs even though we are going into fall?

caf.gif

The Embden female we had last year layed off and on late November and into December. BUT we were much warmer then a normal fall/ early winter. She got serious again about mid Jan.

I would wait... young geese sometimes "play house" odds are she doesn't need it now and if she's getting everything she needs nutritionally she'll be fine the first couple of eggs anyway
smile.png

My geese SHOULDN'T lay until January or Febuary since I'm in NW Missouri. Weather does effect them...

We will start adding layer 30 days before our breeding season. I expect eggs in Jan from some of the Sebastopols so I will give it to them in Dec. we are FL though and well ahead of most others. Since most expect eggs in Feb/Mar you would start Jan/Feb for layer additions

We will start adding layer 30 days before our breeding season. I expect eggs in Jan from some of the Sebastopols so I will give it to them in Dec. we are FL though and well ahead of most others. Since most expect eggs in Feb/Mar you would start Jan/Feb for layer additions

Thank you, I will plan on starting layer in Feb as our winter here is very long.

Back
Top Bottom