Falling Down Heights, my daily life

Pics
Well, that was unpleasant. Let the ducks out, fixed up the fence as best I could, did a walkaround the enclosure. Watched the ducks for a bit and then noticed the distinct absence of a huge white duck. Checked the coops, checked around, checked again. Couldn't find her.

And then I spotted something white between the fence and the coop.

There go the plans on breeding Aylesbury. I have no idea how she got there, she was the size of a scovie drake! Got herself wedge and couldn't get out. :( Probably suffocated, poor thing.

Well, that was unpleasant. Let the ducks out, fixed up the fence as best I could, did a walkaround the enclosure. Watched the ducks for a bit and then noticed the distinct absence of a huge white duck. Checked the coops, checked around, checked again. Couldn't find her.

And then I spotted something white between the fence and the coop.

There go the plans on breeding Aylesbury. I have no idea how she got there, she was the size of a scovie drake! Got herself wedge and couldn't get out. :( Probably suffocated, poor thing.

Oh gosh! I'm so sorry :hugs ! What a tragic way to go. Hopefully you can find some Aylesbury hens for your drake. Swim high, gal. She was very pretty

Oh gosh! I'm so sorry :hugs ! What a tragic way to go. Hopefully you can find some Aylesbury hens for your drake. Swim high, gal. She was very pretty
Thanks Fluffy... I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the drake. He is constantly fighting with the scovie drakes. And *technically* he's not my duck although my grandson hasn't even looked at them, much less asked about them, since he won them.

If I had known it was going to be so much hassle to register for this poultry sale on the weekend, I would have risked getting myself soaked last weekend!!! Talk about jumping through hoops!!!

First, you need to fill out a form, then wait for it to be approved. Then, I had to get insurance!!! Of course, since I don't have a credit card, I had to purchase one online. THAT was annoying in itself!

But, it's done now. Registered and ready to go. Just need to get the animals all packed up on Sunday morning. Which will take at least an hour, if not more...

:th

If I had known it was going to be so much hassle to register for this poultry sale on the weekend, I would have risked getting myself soaked last weekend!!! Talk about jumping through hoops!!!

First, you need to fill out a form, then wait for it to be approved. Then, I had to get insurance!!! Of course, since I don't have a credit card, I had to purchase one online. THAT was annoying in itself!

But, it's done now. Registered and ready to go. Just need to get the animals all packed up on Sunday morning. Which will take at least an hour, if not more...

I'm guessing it's to weed out the irresponsible breeders? That's not a bad idea, although a PITA I'm sure

Can you pack them in their carriers the night before? Or are they all too young to go without heat that long?

Back
Top Bottom