Feathers on my Golden Laced Polish chicken

Lark60

Songster
May 26, 2019
so I just noticed pin feathers on the webbing of one of my Polish chicks. This one is 11 weeks old and I’m hoping is a pullet since the other 2 siblings have started to crow. Has anyone seen feathered feet on a Polish?

Attachments

• 8830B3DA-43D7-4569-B52F-8419931A7850.jpeg
    8830B3DA-43D7-4569-B52F-8419931A7850.jpeg
    371.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 1CB655CD-76EC-4D41-9014-D081D186CCDB.jpeg
    1CB655CD-76EC-4D41-9014-D081D186CCDB.jpeg
    587.5 KB · Views: 17
so I just noticed pin feathers on the webbing of one of my Polish chicks. This one is 11 weeks old and I’m hoping is a pullet since the other 2 siblings have started to crow. Has anyone seen feathered feet on a Polish?

Weird. Im not a polish breeder but i can tell u its simply not a part of the polish standard, it might even be a DQ. I wouldnt use him or her for breeding.

Weird. Im not a polish breeder but i can tell u its simply not a part of the polish standard, it might even be a DQ. I wouldnt use him or her for breeding.
I don't plan on breeding since I can't have roosters. I will have to cull the siblings once the neighbors realize I have them. What is DQ? (I know this as Dairy Queen but I'm sure that is not what you are referring to in this case.)

I don't plan on breeding since I can't have roosters. I will have to cull the siblings once the neighbors realize I have them. What is DQ? (I know this as Dairy Queen but I'm sure that is not what you are referring to in this case.)

:lau no not Dairy Queen but rather Disqualification in showing. As long as your not planning to breed them then enjoy them, that is a pretty little bird despite what a poultry show judge may or may not say.

:fl for pullet :fl

I just noticed super small fuzzy feathers on the webbing of my golden laced polish’s feet. I believe he’s a rooster. I thought it was very odd!! Got him from a major hatchery. I’ll try for a picture tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom