Feed recommendations/Fav Feeds

PimsGarden

Chirping
Mar 20, 2024
Just curious what feed everyone uses for their birds, I would love to know what experienced poultry keepers use.

Below please tell me your favorite feeds you use for your flock, how big is your flock and sex of them, and how long you have been keeping poultry.

I hope this will become a very useful thread to see what people are using!

Thank you for your time and hello from East Tennessee!

I am currently feeding fermented broiler mash (22% protein) and non-medicated starter/grower crumbles (18% protein) at about a 50/50 mix for a net of 20% protein. I have two containers of oyster shell on the side and my birds range over about a 1/3 acre grassy area.

I also supplement with meat during the molt offering sardines, tuna and chicken scraps.

My flock has numbered anywhere from 11 to 29 birds, always with at least one male in the flock.
1713531251552.png

I am currently feeding fermented broiler mash (22% protein) and non-medicated starter/grower crumbles (18% protein) at about a 50/50 mix for a net of 20% protein. I have two containers of oyster shell on the side and my birds range over about a 1/3 acre grassy area.

I also supplement with meat during the molt offering sardines, tuna and chicken scraps.

My flock has numbered anywhere from 11 to 29 birds, always with at least one male in the flock.
View attachment 3805651
What brands do you buy/prefer? Beautiful birds and setup!

Brands don't matter as availability can vary for area to area.
I prefer a high protein layer or feed a higher protein feed (chick feed/ meat bird) without high calcium.
Freshness counts.

Brands don't matter as availability can vary for area to area.
I prefer a high protein layer or feed a higher protein feed (chick feed/ meat bird) without high calcium.
Freshness counts.
Well for this post I want those details, sometimes it can be a nice reference for people. And absolutely freshness counts!

Back
Top Bottom