Feeding Wild Birds

Pics
Hubby was very close to a Bald Eagle yesterday. There were remains of a squirrel nearby, so I guess it had been having a snack. He also saw an otter in the river. We have been visited by an indigo bunting, so beautiful. As well as the goldfinches, cow birds, cardinals and woodpeckers making daily appearances. So pleased to have a few hummers back.

Nothing here - no Cardinals, no Gold Finches, no BlueJays, No Doves - where did they go?
Don't even have the hordes of English Sparrows on the garage roof carping up the gutters.
One or two would sit on the outdoor window sill and look into the kitchen while I was doing dishes. No female red winged blackbirds either - kinda glad about that - when they have a nest they don't allow anyone within 15 feet of them. Sometimes they dive bomb humans anyway.

I stopped feeding the sparrows BUT, the others just came and went on their daily bird activities- poof just gone!.

BTW May day must require shooting off firecrackers, the local noise committee is back in action.

The robins are busy.
full

full

So are the Grackles
full

full

Meadowlark singing his heart out.
full

I Live in Memphis TN and have also noticed that the usual birds that come around haven't. Every year 4 adult mourning doves come to my yard usually with their little babies. But this year I've only seen two of them and they haven't had any of their babies with them. I haven't seen any woodpeckers which is weird because they're always around my house. Ive only seen two or three Cardinals and I usually see more than a dozen. I don't hav any clue what's going on but its weird.

I Live in Memphis TN and have also noticed that the usual birds that come around haven't. Every year 4 adult mourning doves come to my yard usually with their little babies. But this year I've only seen two of them and they haven't had any of their babies with them. I haven't seen any woodpeckers which is weird because they're always around my house. Ive only seen two or three Cardinals and I usually see more than a dozen. I don't hav any clue what's going on but its weird.
I think the birds are messed up due to unusual weather. They may still show up.

Back
Top Bottom