Feeding Wild Birds

Pics
Saw something somewhat unusual yesterday as I pulled into my driveway. A doe with twin fawns was on the neighbor's front lawn. She and one of the fawns were autumn/winter gray brown and the other fawn was still summer reddish brown with some spots. Both fawns were the same size. There's a six point buck feeding under the home bird feeder. Today he appeared with all of the velvet rubbed off of his antlers.

I spotted a flock of cedar wax wings, first in a long time. :yesss:
Periodically we will get a flight in at the beagle club. They like to feed on the Autumn Olive berries. Berries are in short supply this year because of the drouth. Black walnuts were/are plentiful but small. There's also minimal acorn production from the oak trees because of the dry conditions.

Periodically we will get a flight in at the beagle club. They like to feed on the Autumn Olive berries. Berries are in short supply this year because of the drouth. Black walnuts were/are plentiful but small. There's also minimal acorn production from the oak trees because of the dry conditions.
I collected 5 gallons of acorns not too far from here, for the goats to eat.

I collected 5 gallons of acorns not too far from here, for the goats to eat.

The acorns are overpowering here. I work at a state park and one of the hosts at the campground has been collecting the acorns to keep his loop looking neat and there are multiple 55 gallon barrels full of them just sitting down at the shop. It's unreal. Between those and the hickory nuts everywhere, the squirrels are huge and fat all through the park.

Back
Top Bottom