fell out of the nest and cracked and is still alive

Kawa44

Hatching
Mar 17, 2021
Please I need your help. In my frontyard I have a tree with a pigeon and its eggs. Every day I used to come to check it . Today the mother pigeon was nowhere to be seen I was searching when I found the egg on the ground. It was half hatched , only its legs and body were sticking out and its head was inside . Eventually the other half of the shell came off and a liquid came out too . The baby pigeon had a little feathers nd was still alive so I put it in between two fluffy pieces of cloth . Its still alive , but it can't open its beak or eyes . What should I do ? Should I put a heat lamp ? Should I feed it ? If yes , what should I feed it ? Please respond quick

Please I need your help. In my frontyard I have a tree with a pigeon and its eggs. Every day I used to come to check it . Today the mother pigeon was nowhere to be seen I was searching when I found the egg on the ground. It was half hatched , only its legs and body were sticking out and its head was inside . Eventually the other half of the shell came off and a liquid came out too . The baby pigeon had a little feathers nd was still alive so I put it in between two fluffy pieces of cloth . Its still alive , but it can't open its beak or eyes . What should I do ? Should I put a heat lamp ? Should I feed it ? If yes , what should I feed it ? Please respond quick
try forcing th mouth open. feed her mashed worms, NOT WHOLE WORMS i resuced a blu jay and they cant digest worms whole. either mash it up or buy some power for baby birds

eyes are normal for them not to be open. play pigeon sounds. maybe shell open it. I tried banging on a table with the bird on the same table and that worked too. aso sorry for spamming but i keep on forgetting to add bits of info but im tressed too lol i want that bird to survive. if the mom doesnt come back in another half hour, bring all of the eggs with you. there is a chance that she died. thats what hapened to the baby blue jay. the mom was run over by a car :( but bing the rest of the eggs and put them uner a heat lamp. turn the eggs 3 times a day. incubator works best though. make sure there is water in the incubaotr though there needs to be a little bit of water vapor.

Oh god ok. well start off by going on the internet seeing what to do. Maybe a vet too. But definitly put her under a heat lamp. Is she supposed to be born, or underdeveloped?

https://mumtazticloft.com/BabyPigeons.asp this might help
I found her egg half broken , meaning only her body and legs were sticking out eventually the other half came off so , it came out early , it was not supposed to so you can say it was underdeveloped and came out by accident

eyes are normal for them not to be open. play pigeon sounds. maybe shell open it. I tried banging on a table with the bird on the same table and that worked too. aso sorry for spamming but i keep on forgetting to add bits of info but im tressed too lol i want that bird to survive. if the mom doesnt come back in another half hour, bring all of the eggs with you. there is a chance that she died. thats what hapened to the baby blue jay. the mom was run over by a car :( but bing the rest of the eggs and put them uner a heat lamp. turn the eggs 3 times a day. incubator works best though. make sure there is water in the incubaotr though there needs to be a little bit of water

Earlier , another pigeon laid its egg there , and its egg cracked and died , it left its egg. I searched the Internet about this and found out that if a pigeon egg falls down or is touched by a human it will abandon it . The current pigeon only laid one egg . And also I found the egg in the morning and the mother still hasn't come back and now its night . She already came out early . Half of the egg was cracked and its body and legs were sticking out and its head was inside the shell . Eventually the other half of the egg shell came out , she still had feathers and couldnt open its beak or eyes . I put it in between two pieces of fluffy cloth , its still alive and moving , it was not supposed to come out , so you can say it was underdeveloped and came out when it was not supposed too

Back
Top Bottom