fermenting chicken feed

OK so I have a stupid question. I posted it probably on an old thread. I was cleaning the aquariums and treating the water with AquaSafe to get rid of the chlorine. I got to thinking about filtered water for the fermented chicken feed. I keep an open container of water on the kitchen counter to let the chlorine evaporate - which I am not too happy with. Could I use AquaSafe to get rid of the chlorine instead? Would it be safe for the chickens?

I know that dechlorinators are not recomended for human consumption, not certain as to the exact science behind it. I personally would hesitate to use them in water or food of any animal I intend to eat or eat the eggs of.

Do your chickens actually like to eat the fermented feed? Mine seem to hate the texture of it and shake it off their beaks. If they had access to other feed available, they would just eat that instead.

Do your chickens actually like to eat the fermented feed? Mine seem to hate the texture of it and shake it off their beaks. If they had access to other feed available, they would just eat that instead.
My chickens like it and empty the bowls every day. I also scatter sprouted grain for them and veggie scraps. They go for the scattered grain first and then the fermented feed. I do add things in to the feed before giving it to them. Sea kelp, alfalfa, calendula flowers, oregano, shredded veggies, etc.

My hens go for it first and will nearly finish it off before touching the dry feed. Yes they shake some off their beaks but will go back through and eat everything they've shaken off, and even groom and eat it off one another's faces.

Back
Top Bottom