Finally got around to joining...

gatorchick

In the Brooder
Mar 2, 2019
I am not a new chicken mom and have used the BYC site as a resource but am just now getting around to registering. I live in NE Tennessee and have four Comet hens. We moved here from North Central Florida three years ago where I had four Buff Orpingtons for six years. I can't lie...I loved my Buffs...they were sooo fluffy!!! My girls are my sanity. I teach special needs middle school students so the chickens are my stress relief. I had been moving their coop/tractor every day or two so they had new ground and a healthier environment, but it blew over in a really bad wind storm. I am in the middle of working out a permanent coop/run with the deep litter method. I want to make sure that it has good drainage as we have red clay soil and the least bit of rain makes a muddy mess.
Happy Henning!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Were your girls in the coop when it blew over?!
Nothing like a little Chicken Therapy to soothe the soul.
YES!!:( But they have good survival instincts and the coop went one way rolling down the hill and they ran the other! I am lucky I was home and saw it happen. Needless to say it was not the best set up:eek:

YES!!:( But they have good survival instincts and the coop went one way rolling down the hill and they ran the other! I am lucky I was home and saw it happen. Needless to say it was not the best set up:eek:
What a heart attack moment that must have been! Poor girls.

D2E43990-8B3A-4F09-B146-3040EEFC87CD.jpeg

Welcome to BYC!​

Back
Top Bottom