Finally got some Muscovies!

ozark hen

Living My Dream
15 Years
Apr 4, 2007
Mansfield, MO
I am so happy!
clap.gif
My dd bought me nine one day old muscovies in different colors and two half grown ones that are black & white and a lavender! Mama was a chocolate and there is a chocolate one in the batch. Any advice is welcome. I do have the day old's in a separate brooder inside the warm coop with the chickens, mallards and guineas. They are safe from all the adults. I plan on keeping them in the brooder until they outgrow it. I started them on unmedicated feed. the two older ones are in a very large cage within an enclosed dog pen. Plan on keeping them inside the cage until they know this is home...a long time. I have wanted Muscovies for a long time and am so happy to finally have some with the added bonus of several different colors.

AH thats so cool..Happy for you ! I have 3 muscovies now.... 1 drake and 2 girlies......all mostly white or solid white..would love some with color..........I just added ducklings... 1 Rouen and 2 Runners..........Rouen will add some colors.but I sure am beginning a duck addiction to my list ! Have fun, you sound like you have a large family there
wink.png

thanks, Okie, I was jealous when you got yours and wished I had some. this was such a wonderful surprise! I think I have all the ducks I want now. I am going to wish for some Sebastopol geese next spring.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom