First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

Sasso and Ross at the age of two days:

The same chicks week later (today):

I think I will need to separate them into two brooder as they are running out of space

That's EXACTLY. what I mean Ralph. Ive owned 3. I've worked on hundreds. Every year model up to 2002. Ive yet to see one that can sit without the battery going dead. They will even make cars nearby breakdown. Lol Corvette owners are a unique breed. They think they actually have something.
Ive had them,very nice ones. I sold EVERY one for double what I had in them. I used them as advertisement. I finally got tired of working on them and dealing with the idiots that owned them. I respect the history behind them and the technology. Can't stand the superior attitude of owners who can't FIND the dead battery.

That's EXACTLY. what I mean Ralph. Ive owned 3. I've worked on hundreds. Every year model up to 2002. Ive yet to see one that can sit without the battery going dead. They will even make cars nearby breakdown. Lol Corvette owners are a unique breed. They think they actually have something.
Ive had them,very nice ones. I sold EVERY one for double what I had in them. I used them as advertisement. I finally got tired of working on them and dealing with the idiots that owned them. I respect the history behind them and the technology. Can't stand the superior attitude of owners who can't FIND the dead battery.

I thought so,,,

I have never owned a Corvette and have never had a desire too, everyone I know who has is a bellybutton. I actually think about a newer nicer truck, but then I come to me senses and think, why give up the 7.3 Diesel that I love for the pieces of crap engines Ford puts in them now.

I have thought about getting a new Dodge but 80K* down the tube to have something my old truck does quite nicely, hauls everything I want it to and gets me from point A-B....Of course I would have a better radio system.

* 80k is based on sticker of a truck equipped like mine is. 1 ton, 4 wheel drive, long box, crew cab, nice interior (of course mine no longer is) and so forth.... But I would have a new truck looking like a farm truck in a year...

I've allways been a ford man.
I drive chevy's because they are cheap and parts are readily available.
If i had the money I'd be in a 4w drive one ton single cab cummins dodge!!

Well, spent the day tearing down Casita de Pollos and loading everything into a 16 foot and 20 foot trailer. Backyard looks like an empty wasteland without the chicken pen. 110 degrees today, so I'm feeling a little wrung out. Where I'm going in Colorado (Grand Junction) is still considered high desert, but it's likely a wee bit cooler than Tucson. Wifey is doing laundry and packing, friend coming over tomorrow to pick up my armory for safekeeping at his house, so all I need to do now is close up the Marana and Avra Valley houses.

Colorado, here I come!

Last edited:
Cyborg,i just left commerce city,Colorado (denver) its not too far from where your going.
I've seen it snow in July there. It does get hot,but there will be NO HUMIDITY. If you've ever been in texas june-august and dealt with our oppressive weather you'll Love it up there. Your sinuses will dry out and bleed. If you have allergies the constant dust will give you fits.

Where im from in southeast Texas (piney woods) you only get "nice weather" a couple of months out of the year. By nice weather i mean low humidity and 70 degrees with wind. Colorado for me was problematic,Too open,not enough trees.FLUFFY WATER (snow)and dust storms. The only thing I liked about it was LEAVING

Back
Top Bottom