First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

This heat is killing me!!

We are sitting around 95 degrees today hotter tomorrow. I lost 2 white sports to the heat. I am going to have to keep the shed doors open or it will be too hot over night. This is not good. I will take 20 below over 100 any time of the year.

It's 8:35pm here Ralph and its still 90 degrees. The heat and humidity kill me. I go out early in the morning to take care of the birds then I hide from the sun. Trying NOT to go back to work until September

Very nice pal
1f44d.png

Are they Cornish crosses or your own from Burt ?

Quick update -

I'm processing 6 Gallic this weekend, so interested to finally get them on the table, I'm happy with their shape and size but I will know more when I get a look at their carcass.
Hoping for. 2kg bird dressed but we will see, they are fit enough to keep for a larger bird but I need their pen for the next batch.
Here are a couple.

The Guinea Fowl Keets are 4 weeks and enjoying there outside run.
Although I'm not enjoying there morning song at 5am, ha.

The Farm Rangers are also 4 weeks and growing like weeds.
The rare 2 headed chicken!

And a couple of Cornish hiding in there as well

Last edited:
Very nice pal
1f44d.png

Are they Cornish crosses or your own from Burt ?

These are all Bert babies except the Black one with is a grotesque vicissitude mutation of some kind. I am thinking it is BA/rainbow cross.

All the rest are 3/4 Cornish Crosses and 1/4 rainbows (f3). Bert is f2. As is Bertha his sister and the chicks mother.

Quick update -

I'm processing 6 Gallic this weekend, so interested to finally get them on the table, I'm happy with their shape and size but I will know more when I get a look at their carcass.
Hoping for. 2kg bird dressed but we will see, they are fit enough to keep for a larger bird but I need their pen for the next batch.
Here are a couple.

The Guinea Fowl Keets are 4 weeks and enjoying there outside run.
Although I'm not enjoying there morning song at 5am, ha.

The Farm Rangers are also 4 weeks and growing like weeds.
The rare 2 headed chicken!

And a couple of Cornish hiding in there as well

nice birds ... especially the rare 2 headed
lau.gif

This heat is killing me!!

We are sitting around 95 degrees today hotter tomorrow. I lost 2 white sports to the heat.   I am going to have to keep the shed doors open or it will be too hot over night.  This is not good.  I will take 20 below over 100 any time of the year.

Its been running 112 here days, and a low in the 80's at night. Definitely no fun.
Colorado job fizzled, so I'm looking at a job in Duluth right now. Haven't lived there in 50 years, but your current "heat wave" is looking pretty attractive!

Back
Top Bottom