First time in a LONG time I setting eggs in the morning.

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
Those of you who have been around for a while, I used to be debiraymond. I got married.
big_smile.png

I haven't hatched in a very long time, and I am just praying that my turner still works and is not clogged with dust!!!

21 buff orpington eggs going in in the morning!

Those of you who have been around for a while, I used to be debiraymond. I got married.
big_smile.png

I haven't hatched in a very long time, and I am just praying that my turner still works and is not clogged with dust!!!

21 buff orpington eggs going in in the morning!
Goooood Luck and
welcome-byc.gif
Back..................
I have Buffs due Wendsday .Had a really hard time finding egg for them this year..........................

I have some coming from hjnk later and am going to get a trio or quad going so I do not have to go through this again.

Oh, and congratulation on your wedding..........
big_smile.png

Hi Debi
frow.gif
Good to see you back in business again. Good luck with your hatch!

Goooood Luck and
welcome-byc.gif
Back..................
I have Buffs due Wendsday .Had a really hard time finding egg for them this year..........................

I have some coming from hjnk later and am going to get a trio or quad going so I do not have to go through this again.

Oh, and congratulation on your wedding..........
big_smile.png
I was actually complaining on Facebook about the lack of BO eggs and chicks and someone piped up that they knew someone who was always giving away hatching eggs!! I got lucky with that one!

Wow!! This got buried FAST!!! Nice to see so many hatching!!! I am happy to report that after over a year in the garage gathering dust my Brinsea Octo 20 and turner are working perfectly!!! I did not expect that.

I would also like to mention that I am over hatching paranoia. No thermometer, no hygrometer. No money to buy a new set. We shall see!!!

It's Spring, hatching time for everyone, not just us addicts
smile.png
I've got the same incubator as you and I must say so far I've been quite happy with it. But no thermometer or hygrometer? I'm not that trusting! LOL Unless you changed the temp settings you should be o.k. though and humidity wise, I found as long as there is some water in the wells it's o.k. Until you get to lockdown, that is. I really battled with the humidity over the last 3 days, but spreading a wet cloth over the wells and keeping it damp helped tons! I got that tip in the Brinsea thread.

So... eggs set and ready to go?

It's Spring, hatching time for everyone, not just us addicts
smile.png
I've got the same incubator as you and I must say so far I've been quite happy with it. But no thermometer or hygrometer? I'm not that trusting! LOL Unless you changed the temp settings you should be o.k. though and humidity wise, I found as long as there is some water in the wells it's o.k. Until you get to lockdown, that is. I really battled with the humidity over the last 3 days, but spreading a wet cloth over the wells and keeping it damp helped tons! I got that tip in the Brinsea thread.

So... eggs set and ready to go?
Eggs set on the 14th. 24th is candle day. I have hatched probably 15-20 hatches in this bator with different thermometers and hygrometers, and no matter what they differ, the hatches are the same. About 50% for shipped eggs, and about 90% for non-shipped. I live in a very dry climate, and during "lockdown" I have always opened the bator QUICKLY to add water. I have it down to a science.

That's a thing I like about the Brinsea. You can open and close it quick and lose very little humidity. Mine's on a little holiday at the moment while I'm looking for some fertile duck eggs. I decided I need some ducklings in my life now. And maybe a gosling or 2.

Have you had any other Brinsea incubators like the mini ones?? Sorry to butt in on your conversation i just want to get one and i am not sure which one to get the eco or the advance. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom