First Time Incubating eggs

How about you. Have any decided to hatch or in lockdown yet?
Not yet. We're on day 9. I checked yesterday and saw movement, here's a photo. IMG_20240516_103200283.jpg
Also how do you stack up on so many fertilized eggs? Do you put them in storage for more than 6 days?
We have one rooster and 6 hens. He mates with all but 1, who is the mother hen, Louise. The eggs are usually stacked up in the house to eat, while some are outside. So technically, yes they are put in storage for more than 6 days.

Not yet. We're on day 9. I checked yesterday and saw movement, here's a photo.View attachment 3835717

We have one rooster and 6 hens. He mates with all but 1, who is the mother hen, Louise. The eggs are usually stacked up in the house to eat, while some are outside. So technically, yes they are put in storage for more than 6 days.
WOW. Our rooster is a silkie and the leader hen does not allow silkies into the flock. So the silkies are separated in their own flock which is made up of one hen and roo. My silkies also only lays around 3 eggs a week. So that makes it very hard for me to get a lot of eggs to hatch on the same day. I noticed so far that 3 days in storage has the best development with zero deaths so far.

Back
Top Bottom