Fitting to attach welded wire to 2x6 base?

Mossy Dell

Songster
8 Years
Dec 1, 2015
Southwestern VA
I am trying to find a steel or nylon fitting to attach 10 gauge welded wire to a 2x6's edge as a base for a square or rectangular pen. It would have screw holes at each end and a hump in the middle to hold the wire. Kind of like something used to hang a wire shelf.

A poultry staple or small fence staple would work, I realize. I would prefer screws, however. They would allow fast replacement or disassembly. And are less likely to slit the boards.

I am a bit concerned about being able to center the wire on the 1.5" edge and getting the fitting to work. 3-4" steel strapping might also work. But I am not sure if such strapping is sold, thin flexible steel. It might be more forgiving than a fitting on the board's thin edge though.

I am trying to find a steel or nylon fitting to attach 10 gauge welded wire to a 2x6's edge as a base for a square or rectangular pen. It would have screw holes at each end and a hump in the middle to hold the wire. Kind of like something used to hang a wire shelf.

A poultry staple or small fence staple would work, I realize. I would prefer screws, however. They would allow fast replacement or disassembly. And are less likely to slit the boards.

I am a bit concerned about being able to center the wire on the 1.5" edge and getting the fitting to work. 3-4" steel strapping might also work. But I am not sure if such strapping is sold, thin flexible steel. It might be more forgiving than a fitting on the board's thin edge though.
They are called "cable clips", you can get them at any hardware store. Use with panhead screws. Buy in bulk

1634944923849.png

many things will work but i found nothing work better than covering the seam completely so it can't be pulled at it on screw gets lose. I used 3/4" electric staples, screws and washers and covered the seam with dog eared fence boards. They were dirt cheap last year.

Attachments

• SSPX0999.JPG
    SSPX0999.JPG
    435.7 KB · Views: 6
dog eared fence boards. They were dirt cheap last year.

They weren't exactly dirt cheap for me, but based on your enthusiasm for them, I saved a lot of money using them as siding on Neuchickenstein.

0917211147.jpg

(They're fastened over the 1/2" hardware cloth (and yes, there will be trim boards over all the seams -- but DH insists on "real" lumber for it)).

Back
Top Bottom