casportpony

🦚🦆🦃🐔
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Jun 24, 2012
The Golden State
How do you all fix curled toes in chicks? This is how I did one.

7-31-2019
DSCN2078.JPG
DSCN2077.JPG
DSCN2078.JPG
DSCN2079.JPG
DSCN2082.JPG
DSCN2083.JPG
DSCN2085.JPG
DSCN2086.JPG
DSCN2087.JPG
DSCN2088.JPG
DSCN2089.JPG
DSCN2090.JPG
DSCN2092.JPG
DSCN2094.JPG
DSCN2097.JPG
DSCN2098.JPG

8-2-2019 After tape removal.
DSCN2161.JPG

Giving Riboflavin
And add some bandage that help the toes straight or this method u shown above is also very looking awesome then anything else because this method hold the fingers straight

Riboflavin missing in chicks or adults cause curled toes increasing it will always help

Giving Riboflavin
And add some bandage that help the toes straight or this method u shown above is also very looking awesome then anything else because this method hold the fingers straight

Riboflavin missing in chicks or adults cause curled toes increasing it will always help
Thanks for the suggestion, I think I will give all of them some B complex.

I just use scotch tape. I do try to remember which one is the fixed one to make sure that I do not add it to my breeding pool. While many of these conditions can be due to environmental or hatching conditions, the tendency to curled toes is definitely one that can also be due to genetics.

I had a rooster that I did not fix his feet and he did just fine with his curled toes. They did not slow him down one iota in his breeding attempts. As long as he was in the breeding pool, I kept getting some chicks with curled toes. After he was removed from the breeding pool, I stopped getting chicks with curled toes.

I just use scotch tape.
Good idea, I hadn't thought of that!
I do try to remember which one is the fixed one to make sure that I do not add it to my breeding pool. While many of these conditions can be due to environmental or hatching conditions, the tendency to curled toes is definitely one that can also be due to genetics.
:bow Very good points @R2elk, my plan is to sell anything that required assisting or needed fixing since I would rather not have those in my breeding pool.

Last edited:
Good idea, I hadn't thought of that!

:bow Very good points @R2elk, my plan is to sell anything that required assisting or needed fixing since I would rather not have those in my breeding pool.
In most cases I prefer to cull but curled toes and splayed legs (especially those caused by a slippery surface) are such easy fixes that it is often impossible to resist helping.

In most cases I prefer to cull but curled toes and splayed legs (especially those caused by a slippery surface) are such easy fixes that it is often impossible to resist helping.
Sadly, mine came out of the shell with curled toes and the various leg problems, so I cannot blame it on the hatching surface.

Back
Top Bottom