Flock raiser

Granny Hatchet

Tastes like chicken
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Sep 26, 2013
madison Indiana
I feed my flock Flock raiser from day old to death. I also fed this to my guineas I have bought other feeds and scratch grain (they would not eat) including the feed with the mite control in it. Are they missing out on a balanced diet ? I also bought an off brand of layer feed that had a very unpleasant odor. I didnt feed this but rather dumped it in the woods for wild animals. Was there something wrong with that food ? thank you in advance for any information , Granny

Adult guineas will do very well on FlockRaiser; young keets, however, really should receive a gamebird starter (such as Purina Gamebird & Turkey Startena), as they have nutritional requirements more similar to gamebirds than chickens. Any laying birds will need oyster shell to supplement calcium if they are eating Flockraiser. An unpleasant odor can be the result of many factors -- age, fats going rancid, poor quality ingredients, mold, etc.

Thank you for the information and for coming to BYC to give us all an opportunity to learn if we are doing the best we can for our backyard flocks. I will make sure the calcium is available for them. Have a blessed day, Granny

Back
Top Bottom