FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!!

Quote:
Yes, that's what it says under "Upcoming Florida Swaps." We didn't go; we were afraid it was going to rain.

In the "Upcoming Florida Swaps", there is usually a contact number or email address. In the past they didn't advertised it. I went once and only 3 sellers showed up. This was quite awhile back. They didn't have anything by the road to let people know there was a swap. I only checked it out because one of the vendors had set a canopy up and I saw the canopy as I was driving by, but I was looking for it. This was shortly after they had opened. I asked someone there why it wasn't advertised at least on Craigslist or Ocala4Sale, the person said he thought someone had and it wasn't his job, but he was asking people there for their email addresses. I had checked Craigslist and Ocala4Sale. I lost interest. Now I only go to a couple every month that I know usually has good activity. We are always looking for more sellers/vendors. We get a lot of traffic and buyers. One key is to be consistent. People will come by and actually look for people they have seen in the past. They may want some birds but weren't ready at the time, but remember that someone had birds there before and they are ready to buy now. We have quite a few regulars at the swaps.

I posted a few months ago about how we were starting Florida Urban Homesteading. Well we are up and going strong. Our Facebook page has grown to over 5300 members. We have members buying, selling and trading in all manner of poultry, swine, goats, home goods. If you haven't seen us yet come on over and check us out.

Still working on a website, but honestly the Facebook is so active I'm not sure where we will find the time to run it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/338088539714898/

I posted a few months ago about how we were starting Florida Urban Homesteading. Well we are up and going strong. Our Facebook page has grown to over 5300 members. We have members buying, selling and trading in all manner of poultry, swine, goats, home goods. If you haven't seen us yet come on over and check us out.

Still working on a website, but honestly the Facebook is so active I'm not sure where we will find the time to run it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/338088539714898/

Love FUH. If you haven't joined yet you don't know what you're missing. Best group on Facebook.

Hi. New Member, no chickens yet
1f61e.png
But as soon as my new home is built I will be a proud chicken owner! Learning all I can in the meantime.

Hi. New Member, no chickens yet
1f61e.png
But as soon as my new home is built I will be a proud chicken owner! Learning all I can in the meantime.

Hi, welcome to BYC and the FL thread! There's always something new to learn about chickens. Good to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom