Ok experts, this is not foul cholera ,

This morning I noticed one of my hens had a swollen wattle, she is acting fine.
Just one, no I dont think it is Foul Cholera, but she has something going on, I put some Benadryl cream on it to start, later I'll see if that did much-----

image_67182081.JPG image_50392321.JPG

image_67170049.JPG

On an irritating note, I noticed some beginnings of mold is a few places on the walls,,
SO< 10am
I got ever side wall wiped down and then sprayed with the Clorox cleaner and wiped again.
(an older pic)
image_16872193.JPG

The Benadryl cream did help a bit, but after I was done cleaning about 11:30, I got a warm wash cloth out and wiped her wattle off and rubbed it a bit, then I put bag balm on it. I scrubbed the water jug and refilled it. I added Rooster Booster electrolytes and probiotics to the water.

so now its 3:45, I
checked on the hen, its not draining just very swollen, what do you think if I put arnica cream on it?
Like I said, she is eating and drinking and acting fine, but I bet she has a headache....

Any thoughts???
I’ve got some small bumps on two different chooks, but they go away in a few days:

Attachments

• 02A7E4BF-C096-4F70-8C09-E5B133B78308.jpeg
    02A7E4BF-C096-4F70-8C09-E5B133B78308.jpeg
    530.5 KB · Views: 3
I was thinking maybe a spider, no bees or hornets out
Just catching up. I think spider is possible. If it came up that quickly it is more likely to be allergic reaction to a bite than an abscess (which would develop more slowly).
I would still give aspirin and continue with the benadryl and hopefully it comes down soon.
One trick is to put two marks say an inch apart (just little dots with marker pen). As it comes down the two marks will become less than an inch apart - that way you can tell if it is really coming down. If they move further apart the distance will grow.
It takes the guess work out over the next few days.
Good idea for rashes and swellings on people too!

Are Phyllis and Betty actually pairing up, even if just for a while?
Yes the 4 active ones have become the Phyllistines with Phyllis as their leader. They roam the yard all day with the large ladies joining in from time to time.

The Phyllistines
20230116_161424.jpg

Thank you everyone for your kind words and hugs. I hope you don’t mind if I share some pictures and video of the lovely Diana. I am sure I have posted most of these before but it is a time to remember her in happy times and with her friends.

Sorry for so many photos! If I remember right Diana is also my PFM picture.

View attachment 3380382View attachment 3380384View attachment 3380385View attachment 3380386View attachment 3380387View attachment 3380388View attachment 3380389View attachment 3380390View attachment 3380391View attachment 3380392View attachment 3380393View attachment 3380395View attachment 3380396View attachment 3380397View attachment 3380398View attachment 3380399View attachment 3380400View attachment 3380401
What a magnificently lovely tribute. ❤️❤️❤️

Just catching up. I think spider is possible. If it came up that quickly it is more likely to be allergic reaction to a bite than an abscess (which would develop more slowly).
I would still give aspirin and continue with the benadryl and hopefully it comes down soon.
One trick is to put two marks say an inch apart (just little dots with marker pen). As it comes down the two marks will become less than an inch apart - that way you can tell if it is really coming down. If they move further apart the distance will grow.
It takes the guess work out over the next few days.
Good idea for rashes and swellings on people too!
You are so very clever. :thumbsup

Yes the 4 active ones have become the Phyllistines with Phyllis as their leader. They roam the yard all day with the large ladies joining in from time to time.

The Phyllistines
View attachment 3382251
This makes me so happy, Bob. This is what you wanted for Phyllis before the tragedies, and it all worked out. 🥰🥰🥰

Back
Top Bottom