I recently remembered holding a leaf of Broadleaf for Butters and she was eating it, and she pulled hard and I lost my grip on the stem, and she ate the whole thing, it was through the welded wire and I couldn't get around to her in time to stop her. I will never do that again, only hold small pieces and all parts need to be edible. But honestly I did not know those stems were so tough. I think that was what went through her with that big plug, it looked similar and it's very tough lengthwise. Could a normal gizzard have dealt with it, or is there a problem?
So the vet didn't address whether what she wrote replaces her first theory which is that Butters could have heart or kidney failure. I do suspect something more is going on.

But for now, some very happy sunbathing chickens today. Hazel furthest, near the door, Butters in the middle, Popcorn in front.
View attachment 3625916
They look so happy 💕 I love it when they get sun struck. I am so glad I read about it prior to getting chickens because otherwise it would have been pure panic! They really do just hit the sunbeam and drop sometimes 😂

I recently remembered holding a leaf of Broadleaf for Butters and she was eating it, and she pulled hard and I lost my grip on the stem, and she ate the whole thing, it was through the welded wire and I couldn't get around to her in time to stop her. I will never do that again, only hold small pieces and all parts need to be edible. But honestly I did not know those stems were so tough. I think that was what went through her with that big plug, it looked similar and it's very tough lengthwise. Could a normal gizzard have dealt with it, or is there a problem?
So the vet didn't address whether what she wrote replaces her first theory which is that Butters could have heart or kidney failure. I do suspect something more is going on.

But for now, some very happy sunbathing chickens today. Hazel furthest, near the door, Butters in the middle, Popcorn in front.
View attachment 3625916
They are beautiful chickens. I keep hoping that things are clearing up and she will start improving.

I suspect she is withholding her decision until she has had a chance to sample everything:gig:gig:gig:gig

WOW, looks like she got quite the haul there.... do you think the queen might decide to give her loyal subjects some scraps of leftovers....or are the treats 'too regal' for mere subjects???🤔😆🤔
Of all things she shared her walnuts with Phyllis tonight. Well "shared" is an exaggeration. Phyllis took some and got pecked for her trouble. But she did get some.

They look so happy 💕 I love it when they get sun struck. I am so glad I read about it prior to getting chickens because otherwise it would have been pure panic! They really do just hit the sunbeam and drop sometimes 😂
It's one of my favorite things they do. Melting Clucks.

20230704_151829.jpg

View attachment 3625916
What’s going on over there CB? You built a boneless chicken ranch? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom