It's was really cold here for me yesterday and last night, I was outside most of the day with princess and so cold and exhausted I didn't even eat myself.

I put the hand warmers into the coop and after I warmed her feet and legs I think she settled okay. The rescue thinks she may calm down in the next couple of days
If you get sick, you can't care for Princess or your furry companions. :hugs :hugs :hugs

I've just given Princess some crumble egg and pumpkin with activated charcoal. I know this charcoal may take away most of her vitamins and minerals but these lose 💩 is bothering me.
I've made up her water with two bowls of spring and distilled and her water inside the run has honey salt and a tiny bit of the probiotic.

Her crop isn't packed but not empty the best is that it's not hard.

I'll have to try to keep her in the coop/ run as much as possible as it's really wet here and I want to avoid her eating too many greens as I was advised

I've read in byc emergency that a capsule make help with any toxicity so thinking to give her one later.

Charcoal has been known to firm or loses the bowle movements, it's save my dog cat and me on many occasions

If you get sick, you can't care for Princess or your furry companions. :hugs :hugs :hugs
I'm going to try to get some food for me soon.

I'm spinning. My one friend is in a care home/hospital as he has dementia then took a bad fall causing a brain bleed and my other friend fell and hit his head on the wall. Both are miles away but I'm doing my best to keep in contact with them.

Thankfully my friend who hit his head on the wall has a wonderful carer. She found that the hospital had put him into bed in soaking wet clothes and lost his pyjamas bottom and worse his emergency alarm :rant which he wore around his neck.

This wonderful lady kicked up a storm and made them clean him up
She's hoping to get him out today and back into his little flat so she can keep an eye on him.

Good morning everyone.

Princess survived last night and she readyly ate her blue shelled egg but she's not eating dry food at all.
She's still has lose poop and I'm wondering if I should use the canesten incase she's picked up a fungal of some kind. @BY Bob @RoyalChick @Ponypoor.
Marie, she may just be stressed. Watery poops for a little while, like a few days, is normal. Goopy loose poops can be the result of the foods she is eating, for instance when I treated everyone to some dried black soldier fly larvae the other day there were a lot of goopy poops the next day. I think it’s the fat content. Remember that any drugs you give her also have effects that she also has to overcome before she is back to normal.

I've just given Princess some crumble egg and pumpkin with activated charcoal. I know this charcoal may take away most of her vitamins and minerals but these lose 💩 is bothering me.
I've made up her water with two bowls of spring and distilled and her water inside the run has honey salt and a tiny bit of the probiotic.

I'll have to try to keep her in the coop/ run as much as possible as it's really wet here and I want to avoid her eating too many greens as I was advised

I've read in byc emergency that a capsule make help with any toxicity so thinking to give her one later.

Charcoal has been known to firm or loses the bowle movements, it's save my dog cat and me on many occasions
Sounds to me as if you are hyper-worrried about Princess because you are grieving and upset too. Try to relax and take care of yourself, then you can care for everyone else.

For the most part, chickens know what they need to eat. It’s possible that it’s not exactly, or only the greens from the garden that she’s eating, it’s some of the dirt and other goodies out there. Her appetite may be different because she’s upset, but the best thing is to let her do what her instincts are telling her to do.

I’d say let her go out and do what she needs to do to take care of herself for the next few days. Let her do her usual routine. Feed her the usual feed with a few extras on the side. Doing what she feels she wants or needs to do is a comfort to her. Denying her the garden roaming time could be an additional stress for her.

Take your flashlight and step away from the eggs. I understand the desire to candle, I am guilty of it too very early on. Make absolutely zero determinations on viable eggs until day 7. Longer on the darker eggs.
Yes agreed, I am going to wait till next week to make any decisions. I rechecked this morning very quickly and Curly and Fluffy chicklets are growing like demons in their life pods 😊

Couldn’t see anything in the rest. I am going to wait till Friday the re-check them. At that point I will likely wait another few days…

Oh, it’s nothing any of you would know about ;). Stories of too many chicks, rehomings, surprise cockerels, hawk attacks, integrations… and then even more chicks.:D:lol:
Oh yes we have no ideas what that is all about.

Another night, another possum. 2nd one CeeCee has killed in a little over a week. Same size as the last one and in the same spot. This time it took no encouragement on my part. Opened the door and she bolted, I did not even know it was out there until she already was shaking it like a ragdoll. Also like before Gracie let CeeCee do all the work and then wanted in on the celebration and rewards for being a good girl.
Awww! good CeeCee! She is earning her keep, Gracie is a smart girl 😊

Good morning- though it’s after noon now for you.

I would also let her out and about if she wants - and you need to dress very warmly and keep dry if it’s raining.

As for food, I would stop the pumpkin eggs, etc and just give some layer, as you know I make a mash with mine. Not much for the one hen, maybe a handful soaked in hot water to make a nice warm porridge.

I would also just give fresh water. This time of year the temperature changes I find make their poops soft, I have a couple with runny poops here but I am not really worried.

Ok I need to get moving I am back working now.

It's was really cold here for me yesterday and last night, I was outside most of the day with princess and so cold and exhausted I didn't even eat myself.

I put the hand warmers into the coop and after I warmed her feet and legs I think she settled okay. The rescue thinks she may calm down in the next couple of days
Dearest friend, how are you going to take care of your Princess, if you get sick from not taking care of yourself? You need to eat, and have liquids. Lecture over! :hugs

Dearest friend, how are you going to take care of your Princess, if you get sick from not taking care of yourself? You need to eat, and have liquids. Lecture over! :hugs
SHRA tax:
IMG_3225.jpeg

Marie, she may just be stressed. Watery poops for a little while, like a few days, is normal. Goopy loose poops can be the result of the foods she is eating, for instance when I treated everyone to some dried black soldier fly larvae the other day there were a lot of goopy poops the next day. I think it’s the fat content. Remember that any drugs you give her also have effects that she also has to overcome before she is back to normal.
Thank you. 😊

Back
Top Bottom