Attachments

• 20231125_144237.jpg
    20231125_144237.jpg
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 5
Sad thoughts indeed! :(
But nevertheless necessary ones when one has livestock. It’s all part of caring for one’s animals. Birthing, while exciting can also be very traumatic if something goes wrong, and I have lots of experience with foaling and calving, and losing babies.

My experience with end of life has always been quiet and quick with the Vet coming out, and quietly euthanizing them.

Now I have a decision to make - to leave her till my Vet can get back here when I get home, or carry out the deed myself.

Unfortunately I only have 1 day. My plan was to not leave this for my mum while I was away. If mum can’t keep getting pain meds into her then I worry she will suffer needlessly.

I will need to see if she will take bread soaked in the Tylenol, not sure what to do with the aspirin. Maybe a chunk of meat with it in there.
If your mum can't give her a pill, I would grind it up and tuck it into little balls of hamburger meat or something like that.
I am sorry - I missed that you were going away.

If your mum can't give her a pill, I would grind it up and tuck it into little balls of hamburger meat or something like that.
I am sorry - I missed that you were going away.
I have to go to Waterloo for the week for work. I wasn’t expecting it. I am ok with mum caring for the mum and babies and all, but I don’t want her to worry about Red.

Yes I will have to see if I can hide it in some bread for her to scarf back 😊 she does like her junk food so maybe a bit of toast.

I think the liquid Tylenol soaked in some bread should be ok, I am going to try her with this tonight when I do night time chores.

But nevertheless necessary ones when one has livestock. It’s all part of caring for one’s animals. Birthing, while exciting can also be very traumatic if something goes wrong, and I have lots of experience with foaling and calving, and losing babies.

My experience with end of life has always been quiet and quick with the Vet coming out, and quietly euthanizing them.

Now I have a decision to make - to leave her till my Vet can get back here when I get home, or carry out the deed myself.
I don’t envy you at this point!

Back
Top Bottom