i dont think ill be here for a while. I apologize. Im feeling absolutely disgusted with myself, a chick i own (and probably all my others) im confident has coccidiosis, and i waited to long, thinking it was some other issue. I apologize again. i was very ignorant to think she was alright. Sorry to bring it into a gloomy setting.
@Chicken poppy, how is your chick doing?

She will be missed.

By me, maybe not by Phyllis or Sydney. 😉
How are you and the girls doing today? :hugs

I'm particularly concerned about Lilly losing another friend so soon. I'm hoping at least one of the other girls sticks close to her today.

Hopefully no drama and you can enjoy their company today...and they can be comforted by your presence!🫂

Sad News

Sansa passed away today. I just found her in the run. I will not be doing a necropsy. I really don't care why she passed. She was active and seemed fine, a few hours later she was gone.

Rest in Peace my friend.

View attachment 2945862View attachment 2945864View attachment 2945865

@MaryJanet @Aussie-Chookmum
Oh no, Bob!!! I am so sad to hear of Sansa’s death and so sorry you lost her. Bagheera died suddenly like that, too, and I was glad it was quick for her. I hope that was the same for dear Sansa.

After a week of work I have returned to the present.

I will try to reduce my own chit chat. I am not a fan of excessive posting and was originally drawn to the thread because of the chicken behavioral focus. It is easy to go into tangents but I will restrain myself in the future.

When I ask questions I will skew towards more behavioral questions, unless, of course, I want specific input from this crowd.

To be honest, it is hard to feel classically sad over others losses over the internet. I know some do, but it is tough to cry when I'm sad because most of the time I feel hollow. I usually don't write my own condolences because many have already been said. I do not intend to downplay the loss of life, but I can't always find the words to respond to it when so many others have.

I am curious Bob and perhaps for all of us we create an FAQ post link in our signatures that way if you want to know the cast of everyone's flock, what breed, how old, etc. You can find that information easily in one spot without retreading old ground. I know it would be a ton of work, but for those interested in just the Fluffy Butt Acres stories, a Table of contents with links would be an option.

I am no way trying to dictate how to run the thread, but I have provided ideas for solutions that might appeal to certain crowds. You may do what you wish with these suggestions.

View attachment 2946057
Trendy Plati
View attachment 2946058
Rime bum.

Happy new year to all the chicken guardians on this thread and beyond!
I think table of contents would be brilliant!

How are you and the girls doing today? :hugs

I'm particularly concerned about Lilly losing another friend so soon. I'm hoping at least one of the other girls sticks close to her today.

Hopefully no drama and you can enjoy their company today...and they can be comforted by your presence!🫂
I am intrigued to see how free ranging goes today. I will update everyone.

Back
Top Bottom