Ya they r really fast, I am surprised it took on a full sized chicken that's a big bird for a Cooper to take down, I doubt it could have flown off with the bounty... Did it?
No. It did not fly off with her. Though it did not have the chance to really try.

Caponize....🤷‍♀️
Yes have been surfing net on this, I am going to ask my Vet says n Monday when I bring Henny Penny in to see about her mutant curly nails.

Might get the other two little turnips done also, just have them as pets.

I got the first couple as pets anyways! Heck I have 4 useless hay burners sitting out there costing me a fortune! Might as well add chickens to the mix 🐔🐔🐎🐎

Today was a bit of a challenge, I got off to a slow start because I got a call from DH’s uncle in the morning And we chatted for a bit about the house, then I took the goats on a good walk around the perimeter of the four nearest fields then back up our road to the corral by the house. It went quite well until two tree piles before the build when we found a Big dead Billy. I’m not sure quite what happened to him and he was about 3-4 days ripe so I certainly wasn’t going to try to figure it out with Jimmy and Arduinna on leash.

Then it was two rolls of tuck tape, lots of staples, and a ton more rainscreen securing down the housewrap. I’ll see how well I did tomorrow when it rains again. I think I’ve got it mostly water and wind proof, but I’m feeling it for sure. Then I had the fun experience of trying to walk the goats home as it was getting dark, or them dragging me home, depending on how you look at it. I got everyone up and closed in by 6:30, but I seem to be short one free range chicken. Or I just couldn’t get an accurate head count. It was too dark to really View attachment 2998337see anything, so I’ll hope for the best and know better tomorrow. I didn’t hear any alarms or see anything out of ordinary while I was working on the house, and I have a great vantage point and sound carries well, so I’m really hoping I just miscounted, and no one is hiding and sitting on eggs somewhere strange, or has been taken by something.
I hope everyone is OK. 🤞they are all there this morning.

Winner Winner have some Chickens over to share Dinner!

maybe a big salad 🤷‍♂️

8 people entered the "guess who laid the eggs" contest from the other day. I must point out that only 1 Aussie participated. Way to represent @Scrambles83

We had 3 correct guesses out of the 8. Everyone who picked Betty, sorry she has not laid yet. She is obviously interested but not quite ready.

Of all things Phyllis has stopped laying in the Cluckle Hut and is now laying in the main coop.

The 3 layers were, Aurora (her 1st of the year), Sydney, and Phyllis.

Those with the winning guess were @rural mouse @Scrambles83 @RebeccaBoyd

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

@Ribh @LozzyR @Aussie-Chookmum @MaryJanet @micstrachan @ChicoryBlue
We have another Aussie entry and winner!

Everyone congratulate @Aussie-Chookmum as while she confused Aurora with Maleficent she did have the correct hens, sort of.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

No. It did not fly off with her. Though it did not have the chance to really try.
☹️ So sad sorry about the whole situation.

Mother nature is brutal at times. One day I was in the hay loft and witnessed something and dramatic as anything on the Serengeti. I watched a mama Hare once take on a Raven that was trying to fly off with her baby, NEVER saw anything so brutal or amazing before, that Hare was leaping into the air trying to get the Raven to drop her baby who was just struggling in the clutches of the bird.

Then the baby dropped to the ground, mama ran over to the baby and tried to cover over the baby. Then a second Raven arrived, and the mama was distracted and raced at the second one - she was in a frenzy!

The first Raven grabbed baby again, mama raced back to that one, baby fell again... The Ravens were able to chase off mama, grab baby who was either stunned or dead by then, and they flew off. Mama hung around for a bit but eventually moved on.

It was that day I learnt a hard lesson - everyone and everything is just trying to live the best they know how - what I think as how it should be, is not what that fox who killed Roxanne and Stanley had ideas of for instance. I will now ensure I try my darndest to protect my gang from 'Nature'.

But who is smarter me or mother nature?

Oi! I'm an Aussie! I participated! I got the 3 layers right!

Or at least I would have if I hadn't accidentally typed Maleficent instead of Aurora.....:oops:

:tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue

Oh, and Congrats to you other 3 ;):clap
I had excluded you from the spreadsheet due your ghost layer. My bad. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom