Weather whining tax:
View attachment 2999280
Good thing I stopped to get some photos this afternoon when I walked down to the house eh? One of these girls is a new layer too! Guess who I caught making an egg song today… this little beauty is now a full fledged layer!
View attachment 2999283And true to her blue feathered legs and little puffy cheeks, she has got her Grandpa’s genes for sure! Chickie Hawk makes up for his attitude in both his beauty and his offspring 😉 and their eggs! This is actually her second egg (but this time I got some confirmation on who the layer was) View attachment 2999288
Beautiful hen and egg! 🥰

A little excitement at bedtime. One of Red's sons decided he would try to sleep with dad and his ladies. Dad raised he!! and threw him out. No blood drawn and hopefully a lesson learned. Red strutted around the run afterwards showing he's still the king.View attachment 2999295
Excellent! They need to learn the rules. Good thing he is teaching them. Good Papa!

I do not know where the blue egg went. Only the green one remains of the colored ones. I also have 1 white one left from back when Daisy, the greatest hen ever, and Elphie were here. My brother took the other white one and the two brown ones thinking they were real eggs and was too embarrassed to return them. 😆 Atl eat, they were gone after he watched the chickens but he denied taking them. 🤷‍♂️
:lau:gig:smack

Did Betty Lay?

She was acting like she wanted to lay. Here was Aurora's egg in the nest box earlier today. Look how pink!

View attachment 2999226

Notice how Aurora has removed all straw from the nest box so it's just the way she likes it.

Here is what I found at dusk.
View attachment 2999231

That's right, 1 white, 1 pink, 1and 1 beige. The white one is a polish egg. Is it Betty or Phyllis?

Let's compare. It weighs exactly the same as Phyllis egg from Thursday, 50g.

However, it does not seem to be quite as white as Phyllis' eggs. Here are 3, 2 known Phyllis eggs and the egg from today.

View attachment 2999240

To me it seems a little creamier than Phyllis' eggs. What does everybody else think?

Is that egg from a different hen?

@Ribh @LozzyR @MaryJanet @Aussie-Chookmum @micstrachan @ChicoryBlue
I think the color is too dark to be Phyllis'. If it was her first one (Phyllis') of the new laying year/cycle, I would have said maybe....but since it obviously wasn't....nope, not hers!

Woo-Hoo...you go girl...Betty is 'the man':celebrate

I do not know where the blue egg went. Only the green one remains of the colored ones. I also have 1 white one left from back when Daisy, the greatest hen ever, and Elphie were here. My brother took the other white one and the two brown ones thinking they were real eggs and was too embarrassed to return them. 😆 Atl eat, they were gone after he watched the chickens but he denied taking them. 🤷‍♂️
So I have had issues with missing fake eggs, I have stopped using them in fact. As I’ve mentioned sometimes the ravens will go into the hospital tractor or apparently another nest box and steal the occasional egg, sometimes I would take them out and set them aside, forget to put them back after cleaning and the next morning they would be gone… so I met a nice gentleman walking down our driveway, a relatively new neighbour who tried to take the trail out to the beach but didn’t make it all the way, gave up at the gulley near our trailer, found our road and started returning down it. And the darnedest thing, which he found out in the middle of one of the trails… do I have any chickens, because he swore he heard a rooster and then found this strange egg! It was a ceramic one that was probably flown off and then couldn’t be eaten… 😂 at least my ravens aren’t swallowing them whole (I was a little worried about that!)

Back
Top Bottom