So the video I posted Sunday of my first broody shriek of the season. That was baby and that was the first and only warning I got of her intentions. She got in the box yesterday about 1pm after Raven laid her egg and left. She is still there, and only has Raven's egg under her. Today I have to figure out a way to block the entrance of the box so Raven will have to choose the box beside her. That will be fun and probably result in lots of complaining on Ravens part. If Baby stays I will set her tonight. I will give her either 3 Daisy eggs plus 2 of Corona's or all Corona eggs. I've not made up my mind yet. Daisy has shocked me as after it took 5 days for her to lay that first egg, she's laid 2 more after that. She is laying every other day. I want to incubate them as she rarely gives me a chance to hatch from her anymore but I question their fertility. I have not seen any of the boys breed her, but, then I'm not outside 24/7 either. This year I am not giving 8+ eggs to the broody girls, I'm tired of being overrun with boys. I feel safe incubating Daisy eggs as I have hatched 3 chicks from her, all 3 ended up being girls. Corona is unproven yet if she is a boy mom or a girl mom. I have a lot of planning and decision making to do before tonight.

2fer...
20220313_095928.jpg

With tailbombing...again...

Worth repeating
20220313_095733.jpg

Beauty salon, night routine
20220312_174947.jpg
With a bonus Thing: I had been thinking she was bottom of the order, but moments later, she pushed Twirp off the row. First I've ever seen Thing assert herself.

So the video I posted Sunday of my first broody shriek of the season. That was baby and that was the first and only warning I got of her intentions. She got in the box yesterday about 1pm after Raven laid her egg and left. She is still there, and only has Raven's egg under her. Today I have to figure out a way to block the entrance of the box so Raven will have to choose the box beside her. That will be fun and probably result in lots of complaining on Ravens part. If Baby stays I will set her tonight. I will give her either 3 Daisy eggs plus 2 of Corona's or all Corona eggs. I've not made up my mind yet. Daisy has shocked me as after it took 5 days for her to lay that first egg, she's laid 2 more after that. She is laying every other day. I want to incubate them as she rarely gives me a chance to hatch from her anymore but I question their fertility. I have not seen any of the boys breed her, but, then I'm not outside 24/7 either. This year I am not giving 8+ eggs to the broody girls, I'm tired of being overrun with boys. I feel safe incubating Daisy eggs as I have hatched 3 chicks from her, all 3 ended up being girls. Corona is unproven yet if she is a boy mom or a girl mom. I have a lot of planning and decision making to do before tonight.
I love following your hatches. This is very exciting! :wee:wee:wee

Thanks! The Golden girls 💖
My cousin's hens Blanche and Sophia, she had two others rose and Dorothy but they were killed by a fox.

When Henny Penny hatched these two from her hens' eggs I named them for her other two that died. Thus completing the Golden girls group again 💖. Blanche Sophia Rose and Dorothy 😊.
I love it! I thought they might be the Golden Girls!

Fellow Buff girl Butter says, "Hi Penny. If you want raisins come visit. I'm the spoiled queen and get whole boxes of raisins all to myself while the rest have to share."
View attachment 3025481
Cashew says hi, too! She’s never tasted raisins.

This was supposed to be my Monday shot, but I’m late.
FABA88BE-4D39-41D7-897E-37EE234F6F1D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom