I hope all these posts aren’t too obnoxious. Just two babies to go! This is Ester. She’s a Barred Rock, but her feathers look more like a Cuckoo Marans. She doesn’t let me get too close, except for when she’s compelled to squat. She’s probably the most nervous of the bunch. The babies are a little more wild than the ones I hand raise, which is probably a good thing.
View attachment 2016293
Not at all obnoxious and you've got some lovely looking hens.

Finally, meet Minnie, my Buckeye pullet. It’s fun seeing the personality similarities within one breed. She is super talkative, friendly, curious (and muscular) and is the only other bird that chases the dog. Coincidence? Also, she survived a predator attack. We think it was a fox, but she managed to survive seemingly unharmed. She has the glossiest feathers I’ve ever seen. For awhile there, I thought she might be a cockerel she was so pretty!
3CA04E34-E6F7-453D-81EF-534CAC8C6FC5.jpeg

Finally, meet Minnie, my Buckeye pullet. It’s fun seeing the personality similarities within one breed. She is super talkative, friendly, curious (and muscular) and is the only other bird that chases the dog. Coincidence? Also, she survived a predator attack. We think it was a fox, but she managed to survive seemingly unharmed. She has the glossiest feathers I’ve ever seen. For awhile there, I thought she might be a cockerel she was so pretty!
View attachment 2016307
All of your birds look healthy and happy. Beautiful girls, and I'm so glad you shared them. We love pictures and stories of chickens here! :love

Here is Cashew, a.k.a. “Big Mama.” She has a special place in my heart for being such an excellent mother. She raised (store bought) chicks last year. You can see by her head and pale face, she’s not quite done with molt yet. She’s a sweetheart and even brought the chicks to my lap. I’ll look for a pic of her bringing the chicks to me.View attachment 2016227
What a pretty little hen!

Back
Top Bottom