Heres the first 60!

View attachment 2021256

Here are the first 50 at one time in my transfer box first thing in the morning

View attachment 2021257

And after they all made it and started getn their feet under em

View attachment 2021258

This brooder is 4' x 2' and ima have to set up the second one very soon :gig

Were gonna have a nice breeding flock and some good meals out of these things, im totally thrilled. Did run into some problems though. I think id mentioned i let a friend take 50 and one of my bators to her house? She thinks she accidently fried em :hit shes got 21 hatchlings to add to my 68.

Also my incubator is in my bedroom which is off limits to the chiltrens? Theyre still toddlers who dont listen 🙄 they got in there under dd's watch and tipped the whole thing, cracked and killed 7 eggs at least. They very seldom All hatch to begin with, so idk exactly how many deaths i can attribute to them.

View attachment 2021268

Still though, very pleased and already looking forward to the next ones :celebrate:
Wow that’s a lot of fluffy cotton balls to watch. Good luck with all the hatchlings! They are so small...squeeeee! :)

Wow that’s a lot of fluffy cotton balls to watch. Good luck with all the hatchlings! They are so small...squeeeee! :)

Thanks! Idk if u were here last season? I nearly constantly hatch :lau thats why i asked before sharing. I like to hatch smaller clutches on a wkly basis but this is the first hatch kicking off my season and there will be about a month before my next ones :oops:

Gardener’s Affliction=Chicken Bounty
Warning: graphic photos of revolting insect larva:sick:oops:
So I have two raised beds and I’m just a beginning gardener so while I’m adding compost and amendments and turning the soil I’m finding these moth larva —cabbage moth, maybe? Like three or four to every.single.spadeful of soil. I’m not terribly squeamish and I knew the chickens I tend would love them, so I threw them on top of my fermented feed, alfalfa pellets along with some greens and boy you would have thought I was the Guy Fieri of the farmyard set. The chickens loved it. But like I said, it gives some people the creeps...
And if anyone knows how to get rid of the grubs, I’d be interested! Although now maybe I should treat it as a chicken treat crop! :confused:

4CAA961C-C502-4390-8864-3F975752B325.jpeg

Thanks! Idk if u were here last season? I nearly constantly hatch :lau thats why i asked before sharing. I like to hatch smaller clutches on a wkly basis but this is the first hatch kicking off my season and there will be about a month before my next ones :oops:
Haha, I wasn’t really here last season but gee, I could look at hatchlings every week. :jumpythanks for posting them!

Gardener’s Affliction=Chicken Bounty
Warning: graphic photos of revolting insect larva:sick:oops:
So I have two raised beds and I’m just a beginning gardener so while I’m adding compost and amendments and turning the soil I’m finding these moth larva —cabbage moth, maybe? Like three or four to every.single.spadeful of soil. I’m not terribly squeamish and I knew the chickens I tend would love them, so I threw them on top of my fermented feed, alfalfa pellets along with some greens and boy you would have thought I was the Guy Fieri of the farmyard set. The chickens loved it. But like I said, it gives some people the creeps...
And if anyone knows how to get rid of the grubs, I’d be interested! Although now maybe I should treat it as a chicken treat crop! :confused:

View attachment 2021405
If the chickens eat them with no ill effects I would grow them!:D

Back
Top Bottom