Coffee Clatch is Over

Need and Lucky no longer wish to spend their morning with me. They now rest on the brush pile. šŸ˜„ Teenagers.
20200728_193349.jpg

20200728_193328.jpg

How to Measure Success

I'm going to switch from chickens for a moment and reflect on a personal note.
I have from time to time mentioned how crazy my work has been since COVID reached the US. My team has been working with the CDC and pharmaceutical companies non-stop without any of the needed infrastructure (that I had been trying to get in place) ready.

Nevertheless they have succeeded. They were able to provide key information to assist at critical times. In the past week, the results have started to role in. They have been rewarded by having all 7 of their manuscripts accepted. This includes 2 of the largest COVID studies ever performed.

Additionally today we received the first of 3 anticipated contracts where we will actually be paid for all their hard work for the first time since COVID hit. Hopefully this will enable me to get them the help they deserve.

So much of this year I have been teetering on the edge struggling to find time. Time to get the work done, time to keep up the house, time to just relax and spend with the ladies. The whole team has had the same struggles. But what the team has done has saved lives and will save lives in the future. I could not be more proud of them. šŸ˜Š

This is the damage this idiot has done to his leg. It's infected. Not badly but the infection is there, despite the cleaning and daily re-bandaging. Now I've got to shove antibiotics down his throat and keep a very careful eye out for fly strike.
One of the wounds on his ear isn't scabbing up properly so that will need sorting out. I'll probably put a dab of Stockholm Tar on that to seal it in the hope he doesn't scratch it off.
Antibiotics mean probiotics as well and they cost money. I'll have to check him over twice a day and that takes time.
His broken spur is going to need shaping for the next few months.jj
He is not on my popular list at the moment.
It's too hot and humid for wounds like this to heal quickly and easily and of course the moron is still trying to fight although it's been much less the past couple of days.
In fact, I haven't seen them fight at all today.
Hinge has a cut on her foot. It's not bad, but once again in the climate conditions any wounds can go downhill very fast so she needs grabbing and cleaning up daily.
Tackle has eaten something disgusting no doubt and she did dribble out poop most of the morning and her bums a mess. It's bad enough when they eat grapes but anything that promotes the runs in this heat is not only messy, it dehydrates them.
I'm going to take the lot of them to one of those swap meetings and trade them in for a stick insect.

View attachment 2266287View attachment 2266288
Have you thought of using honey as a wound dressing. It is an antibacterial.

How to Measure Success

I have from time to time mentioned how crazy my work has been since COVID reached the US. My team has been working with the CDC and pharmaceutical companies non-stop without any of the needed infrastructure (that I had been trying to get in place) ready.

Nevertheless they have succeeded. They were able to provide key information to assist at critical times. In the past week, the results have started to role in. They have been rewarded by having all 7 of their manuscripts accepted. This includes 2 of the largest COVID studies ever performed.

Additionally today we received the first of 3 anticipated contracts where we will actually be paid for all their hard work for the first time since COVID hit. Hopefully this will enable me to get them the help they deserve.

So much of this year I have been teetering on the edge struggling to find time. Time to get the work done, time to keep up the house, time to just relax and spend with the ladies. The whole team has had the same struggles. But what the team has done has saved lives and will save lives in the future. I could not be more proud of them. šŸ˜Š
Thank you for what you do! And under such challenging circumstances.

This is the damage this idiot has done to his leg. It's infected. Not badly but the infection is there, despite the cleaning and daily re-bandaging. Now I've got to shove antibiotics down his throat and keep a very careful eye out for fly strike.
One of the wounds on his ear isn't scabbing up properly so that will need sorting out. I'll probably put a dab of Stockholm Tar on that to seal it in the hope he doesn't scratch it off.
Antibiotics mean probiotics as well and they cost money. I'll have to check him over twice a day and that takes time.
His broken spur is going to need shaping for the next few months.
He is not on my popular list at the moment.
It's too hot and humid for wounds like this to heal quickly and easily and of course the moron is still trying to fight although it's been much less the past couple of days.
In fact, I haven't seen them fight at all today.
Hinge has a cut on her foot. It's not bad, but once again in the climate conditions any wounds can go downhill very fast so she needs grabbing and cleaning up daily.
Tackle has eaten something disgusting no doubt and she did dribble out poop most of the morning and her bums a mess. It's bad enough when they eat grapes but anything that promotes the runs in this heat is not only messy, it dehydrates them.
I'm going to take the lot of them to one of those swap meetings and trade them in for a stick insect.

View attachment 2266287View attachment 2266288
šŸ˜ØOh dear. That does look nasty.

How do they manage to hurt each other so much with rounded off claws? šŸ˜Ÿ

What do you give them for probiotics Shad? I know my girls love natural Greek yogurt.

I hope they settle down even more and the leg comes good promptly for you. :hugs

How to Measure Success

So glad that you are getting good results from you and your team's hard work. :thumbsup.

I hope you're getting recognition as well and that management has learned to take on your recommendations!

Congratulations to you and your team Bob!

P.S.

Are you and your team not being paid for your work? That just sounds wrong! :rant:th

How to Measure Success

What a great outcome! Huge congratulations!! šŸ„³šŸŽ‰šŸ„³:celebrate

Back
Top Bottom