Monday's Mug

There could be no other this morning as I plow through the photos and memories of her. Here is my Saucey Girl!

20201214_073224.jpg

Where was BY Bob?

@CrazyChookChookLady
texted me on Friday, @micstrachan reached out here. I have been quite absent this weekend. I am only caught up on this thread. I'll be days digging out on everyone else's threads.

What could drive me to fall so far behind?

COVID

The good news I did not have it.

The bad news is that my youngest daughter and her fiance decided that since they will likely not be able to have their dream wedding in Amalfi in April, they were going a have a simple, civil, ceremony at their house on Saturday. We drove out Thursday, prepped all day Friday, had the ceremony Saturday afternoon, and drove home today. A bit of a whirlwind, but we pulled it off.

Here we are with my daughter and her new husband.
View attachment 2448827

The happy couple
View attachment 2448828

The cake was a gift from one of their friends despite the fact that she could not attend. She made it herself as her gift to them. The only people present for the wedding were the parents of the bride and groom and the officiant. None-the-less, we made a great day of it.
View attachment 2448829
Congratulations Bob to you and your family! For a small home ceremony, it sure looks amazing. It may not be the Dream Wedding that was planned, but it looks to have all the most important parts covered. Thank you for sharing.

For mug shot Monday, I have my Bully Girl. And it is just early Monday here still...
6C8EC8A3-60CB-4FBB-8410-A6DF1BF7979B.jpeg

Just a little blurry, but she moved her head to peck my camera right as I was taking the shot! Silly girl.

It is once again raining here, and I have been up since 2am for some strange reason. I’ve now given up on sleeping, and am patiently waiting for light outside... another three and a half, maybe four hours at least! Another hour and a half before DH gets up to go cut meat. Four pigs for our neighbor. Yesterday we moved the cows again, so they are back next to my trailer, but across a fence line. This is ideal for me as I can sneak them feed and scritches, but don’t have to worry about them marauding about and messing with my chicken housing.

Brrrrrrr
It is going down to 9 degrees F (minus 12.7 degrees C) later this week.
I am not sure how much to worry about the Princesses.
The two Little Princesses (now nicknamed the Road-Runners) floof up so much at night that you can barely see their heads so I am not too worried about them.
Maggie has almost finished her molt and she seems quite fluffy too with just a couple of scruffy patches.
Diana and Elizabeth are both molting but not badly - they just look scruffy rather than bald.
So I am trying to decide whether to put them in the garage overnight or let them be. Tonight will be 18F (minus 7.7C) so I could see if they all sensibly huddle up together.
We did get a spell this cold last year and they were more-or-less fine outside - Maggie did get a touch of frostbite on her comb, but they were in the school project coop and I think the roost was too close to the ceiling not allowing enough room for warm damp air to rise up and out. The Chicken Palace has oodles of ventilation and tall ceilings so that shouldn't be a concern.
I am leaning towards leaving them out there. Any advice, or just words of reassurance? I keep thinking chickens live in places that get a lot colder so probably they will be fine. Right?

Oh dear.
I woke this morning to an e-mail from the guy who has the farm where I got the Road-Runners earlier this year, asking if I want more chicks this year and to let him know.
On offer in the spring will be: Wyandottes (blue laced red) - which look stunningly beautiful when I looked them up because of course I have no idea about breeds!; Golden crele crested Legbars (which are the same as the Road-Runners but with gold on their necks instead of grey); Olive Eggers - which I assume are a kind of Easter Egger so I am worried about them being picked on for having muffs and beards).
I know this is a useless question to ask of all you enablers, but should I get more chicks or pass? Honestly my little flock of 5 seems quite lovely as is. On the other hand .. .. ..
:idunno

Oh dear.
I woke this morning to an e-mail from the guy who has the farm where I got the Road-Runners earlier this year, asking if I want more chicks this year and to let him know.
On offer in the spring will be: Wyandottes (blue laced red) - which look stunningly beautiful when I looked them up because of course I have no idea about breeds!; Golden crele crested Legbars (which are the same as the Road-Runners but with gold on their necks instead of grey); Olive Eggers - which I assume are a kind of Easter Egger so I am worried about them being picked on for having muffs and beards).
I know this is a useless question to ask of all you enablers, but should I get more chicks or pass? Honestly my little flock of 5 seems quite lovely as is. On the other hand .. .. ..
:idunno
You have plenty of room in that beautiful palace... :confused: And a big heart for chickens!:thumbsup

Congratulations Bob to you and your family! For a small home ceremony, it sure looks amazing. It may not be the Dream Wedding that was planned, but it looks to have all the most important parts covered. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you Kris. She did very well organizing it for herself. We did as directed and made sure it was the best it could be.

For mug shot Monday, I have my Bully Girl. And it is just early Monday here still...View attachment 2448921
Just a little blurry, but she moved her head to peck my camera right as I was taking the shot! Silly girl.

It is once again raining here, and I have been up since 2am for some strange reason. I’ve now given up on sleeping, and am patiently waiting for light outside... another three and a half, maybe four hours at least! Another hour and a half before DH gets up to go cut meat. Four pigs for our neighbor. Yesterday we moved the cows again, so they are back next to my trailer, but across a fence line. This is ideal for me as I can sneak them feed and scritches, but don’t have to worry about them marauding about and messing with my chicken housing.
Still a great picture. I've had those nights too recently. They are tough. Hopefully you can sleep tonight.

Back
Top Bottom