Friends, my Drummie is gone. I finally feel better and go outside armed with a big box of raisins to restart our morning routine and I'm greeted with a pile of feathers. Rooster feathers. The trail led to the creek but I've looked everywhere and there is no body. At first I was not sure if it was Basil or Drumstick that I was looking for but after calling for a minute Basil came running to me. I want to be hopeful that I will find him, but, there is a lot of feathers and my heart is shattered. Basil is also doing something this morning that I can not take as a good sign that I will find him. He's crowing. Before this morning for the last week he's only let out 1 crow before coming off the roost and has been silent the rest of the day, if there was a crow to be heard it was Drumsticks. Today, he has not shut up, every 30 minutes he's taking a crowing spell almost like he's calling for his dad. This is not the first time i've lost a chicken or chick, but today, this hurts differently. My friend is gone.
So sorry you've lost Drumstick, that's a very hard one. :hugs :hugs
Just earlier today you just popped into my mind, and I wondered how you were feeling. Glad you are getting better, but so sorry for this big loss, yes you were so close, he was so gentle, to lose him is shattering. He was a very special rooster. RIP Drummie 😢 ❤️ 😢

Friends, my Drummie is gone. I finally feel better and go outside armed with a big box of raisins to restart our morning routine and I'm greeted with a pile of feathers. Rooster feathers. The trail led to the creek but I've looked everywhere and there is no body. At first I was not sure if it was Basil or Drumstick that I was looking for but after calling for a minute Basil came running to me. I want to be hopeful that I will find him, but, there is a lot of feathers and my heart is shattered. Basil is also doing something this morning that I can not take as a good sign that I will find him. He's crowing. Before this morning for the last week he's only let out 1 crow before coming off the roost and has been silent the rest of the day, if there was a crow to be heard it was Drumsticks. Today, he has not shut up, every 30 minutes he's taking a crowing spell almost like he's calling for his dad. This is not the first time i've lost a chicken or chick, but today, this hurts differently. My friend is gone.
What?! Nooooo! Omg...I am so sorry! He was such a special guy :hugs :hugs

I'm so sorry. He was such a good rooster.

Mine haven't gone as far as paintball (the guns can get spendy), but they did make "swords" (sticks, water noodles and ducktape). Next thing I knew, we had a 4-way (had a friend over) Monty Python's Black Knight last-man-with-a-limb-remaining battle. Great way to keep teenagers occupied (2 were seniors). They went back for more after dinner.
Tis only a flesh wound...:gig

I'm so so sorry! :hugs

That's awesome! My boys and their buddies set up a paintball course on our property...all they ever wore were t-shirts & jeans...the bruises were not small...there was no way they would get me out there after seeing them!
My crew has ghillie suits for paintball. Super effective at protecting against bruises and oddly effective at invisibility...to the point that my eldest son used to ding-dong-ditch the neighborhood and just stand still on their porches like a misplaced bush and wasn't noticed.:eek:
(Yes I know my parenting isn't always 100% he's grown now and didn't take his suit with him when he moved out 😉)

I'm not even going to try the socio-economic dissertation in there, but every time I see a rabbit......

You must count to 3. Neither higher nor lower, saving that you progress to 3....
Sir Robin ran away
When danger reared its ugly head
Sir Robin turned his tail and fled
Sir Robin ran away

Back
Top Bottom