Many ways and not all are understood. It is particularly good on chronic leg ulcers and burns.
A few of the ways it is believed to work are that it is antibacterial (that is why you don’t need to keep it in the fridge and it never goes off). It is also acidic which discourages specific kinds of enzymes that destroy tissue in chronic wounds. It is hyperosmolar which means it draws out fluid and may also directly stimulate the immune response in the wound.
There are clinical and scientific references in it which I could probably dig up. They even make medical grade honey!
Leeches in the other hand are simpler. They remove tiny blood clots that create swelling and so improve blood flow in a wound to promote healing. Weirdly they also secrete a pain killler. You definitely only want to use medical leeches ( which are sterile) on a wound.
Did I earn my witches hat?
I'm sure @Shadrach would gladly award you one.

BYbob, Royalchick, and MJ have all seen my boy, but I don't think anyone else on here has.

@featherhead007, this is Bootsie. He was the product of my Red bantam Cochin hen, and our standard (giant) buff Brahma rooster! He has longer legs than the bantam cochin rooster, (his uncle) but does not have the brawn and height of his dad.
He is a little taller than the Bantam Cochin rooster.
View attachment 2820853

View attachment 2820854
He is so handsome. 👍

It wound up being 2 hours with traffic. Should have been 90 minutes.
I lucked out on the way home and it was just over an hour. Just over two hours on the outward journey. The farm is (unsurprisingly) in a very rural agricultural area so I spent a lot of time driving very slowly behind tractors!
It was a beautiful drive though through an area I have never really visited before so it felt like a real chicken road trip adventure.

Back
Top Bottom