Wow! That's exciting! 🥰
It's not very exciting since Kiko's eggs aren't fertilized 🙁 I'm trying to look up ways to break a broody hen, since she's basically been sitting on invisible eggs since I've been collecting her eggs everyday.

Does she have a nest with eggs in somewhere?
Kiko has a nesting area, but her eggs aren't fertilized. I pull her eggs everyday and didn't realize she'd go broody so soon after laying her first egg. So she's been sitting on invisible eggs 😥

It's not very exciting since Kiko's eggs aren't fertilized 🙁 I'm trying to look up ways to break a broody hen, since she's basically been sitting on invisible eggs since I've been collecting her eggs everyday.

Kiko has a nesting area, but her eggs aren't fertilized. I pull her eggs everyday and didn't realize she'd go broody so soon after laying her first egg. So she's been sitting on invisible eggs 😥
Mary says Sit Happens.

IMG_2021-11-27-07-51-30-625.jpg

She doesn't have eggs. But she sits ever so patiently.

I may get her some eggs next time, but not right now.

Mary says Sit Happens.

View attachment 2910271

She doesn't have eggs. But she sits ever so patiently.

I may get her some eggs next time, but not right now.
Haha, I laughed when I read "SIT HAPPENS" 🤣 <-- those words pretty much sums up how the last few days have been.

I am in the same predicament as you - Kiko doesn't have eggs to sit on either, but she also just sits patiently, determined to hatch these invisible eggs 😥

Is this her first time being broody?

Haha, I laughed when I read "SIT HAPPENS" 🤣 <-- those words pretty much sums up how the last few days have been.

I am in the same predicament as you - Kiko doesn't have eggs to sit on either, but she also just sits patiently, determined to hatch these invisible eggs 😥

Is this her first time being broody?
I was trying to make you laugh! :gig

No, she's an old hand now. I leave her be. She gets herself up for food, drinks, dustbathing, etc. If she's still sitting at 22-23 days, I'll open up the little coop she's sitting in and wait patiently while she decides getting up might be the right course of action.

It's a natural process. She knows more about her needs than I do.

It's Saturday morning where we live, so she's starting her second full day.

Back
Top Bottom